PDA

View Full Version : deal or no deal.

fatbloke
04-08-2010, 15:00
I filled in a web form asking for a price for the following.
Broadband 50mb upgraded from 20mb
XXL phone
One v+ HD box
2 v HD boxes
160 channels on all three boxes
plus sky movies and sports package for all three.

I received an email indicating I can only get 20mb which I know is wrong as 50mb is available in my area.
Have Virgin stopped selling 50mb broadband in the Havant Hampshire area?
Also in the email there were no prices of supplying and fitting the above items.

I have looked at Virgin allyours web site and this doesn't give me the option for 3 boxes and also will only let me do the 20mb broadband which I already have.

Any help with this would be most welcome.:)

kwikbreaks
04-08-2010, 15:08
I searched and found what I assume is the form you used - starts out asking for postcode and then what services you have.

My assessment is that the form is a pile of junk as it only offers me 10Mbps or 20Mbps broadband too and my next door neighbour has 50Mbps.

I think you'd do better phoning - it's easier to haggle with a person than a web form too.

fatbloke
04-08-2010, 15:16
I searched and found what I assume is the form you used - starts out asking for postcode and then what services you have.

My assessment is that the form is a pile of junk as it only offers me 10Mbps or 20Mbps broadband too and my next door neighbour has 50Mbps.

I think you'd do better phoning - it's easier to haggle with a person than a web form too.

I really just wanted a quote as I am not 100% sure I will do this.
Talking to someone on the phone tends to pressurise me and I am not that good on the phone and I will probably just sign up for something that I haven't discussed properly with my missus.:o:
So I need prices really.

kwikbreaks
04-08-2010, 15:30
If you just want an idea use the package builder on the website as though you were a new customer - you should be able to negotiate the same deal as an existing customer and if not then refuse the deal. The bloke on the phone is going to be just as keen as you to make a deal of it.

fatbloke
04-08-2010, 17:17
OK thanks,I will try that.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Phone quote £104.00 installation plus £94 per month. this only has medium phone.

On-line new customer all what I want with Phone XXL with sky movie and sports in HD.
I have added an extra £5.00 per month for the third V HD box as they didn't have an option for a third box.

Installation £69.00 and £65.88 per moth subscription. Oh I forgot I will get 2 months at £7.95.

Surely this can't be right that a new customer would get things this much cheaper?

IF so I will leave Virgin and join up again in my wife's name.

pip08456
04-08-2010, 17:35
Why don't you ring back, select the thinking of leaving us option and state what you have above. I'm sure they'll do a deal with you. (you won't get the 2mths @ £7.95 as that's to attract new customers).

fatbloke
04-08-2010, 19:00
I did ring back and they tell me the cheapest they can do it for all I wanted is £111.

So I think I will give it a miss.
Thanks though.

PS don't believe the prices on the Virgin Media site as the guy told me they are all wrong.