PDA

View Full Version : Just Upgraded To 50MB Broadband As A VIP User

rainer
03-08-2010, 18:02
Hi guys,

Ive just upgraded my broadband to 50MB as a ViP user. The lady on the phone said it will cost just £5 a month more and that my v box gets changed for another V+ box. Engineer coming Monday.

I didn't realise that when upgrading your broadband as a VIP customer they give you another V+ in exchange for the V box...

Toto
03-08-2010, 18:05
Hi guys,

Ive just upgraded my broadband to 50MB as a ViP user. The lady on the phone said it will cost just £5 a month more and that my v box gets changed for another V+ box. Engineer coming Monday.

I didn't realise that when upgrading your broadband as a VIP customer they give you another V+ in exchange for the V box...

A nice bonus yes?

rainer
03-08-2010, 18:06
Yes a very nice bonus, just hope it is correct :)

Pauls9
03-08-2010, 18:19
Yes a very nice bonus, just hope it is correct :)You cynic - fancy doubting VM customer service. You haven't been reading posts on this forum, have you?

;)

rainer
03-08-2010, 18:28
And she took the £20 activation fee off aswell :)

jodash
03-08-2010, 19:26
Im a VIP member and got quoted £35.00 to upgrade my 20MB to 50MB

:erm:

Nero182
03-08-2010, 19:31
So wait let me understand this!

You paid £5 extra a month for an upgrade to 50 Meg plus to swap out your Normal V box for another V+ one!?!

Epic deal! Is this a one off?

Hom3r
03-08-2010, 19:37
VIP is the V+ box, and the HD that goes with it.

rainer
04-08-2010, 00:37
So wait let me understand this!

You paid £5 extra a month for an upgrade to 50 Meg plus to swap out your Normal V box for another V+ one!?!

Epic deal! Is this a one off?

Yes that is correct. I dont know if it was a one off or not, but the lady i spoke to was very friendly.

websi7
04-08-2010, 10:28
I am on 20mb and considering 50mb I have been quotes £20 and £55 to upgrade which is right

I thought we were all VIP customer where is the different and what am I

I have a V+ box already but understand they swap the modem to go to 50mb anyhow. I am having wireless issues despite having a "super N Router" my office down the hall gets 1 bar signal.....

janipewter
07-08-2010, 11:09
If I cancel my account and put it in a different name at the same address would it be classed as a new customer? As I'm very tempted to go for the 50Mb if so, since I no longer get TV from Virgin and we are paying a stupid amount for XL phone and broadband.

Peter_
07-08-2010, 11:12
If I cancel my account and put it in a different name at the same address would it be classed as a new customer? As I'm very tempted to go for the 50Mb if so, since I no longer get TV from Virgin and we are paying a stupid amount for XL phone and broadband.
If you cancel yor account then no one at that property can sign up for 90 days, this was put in place to stop this kind of thing happening.

lowei
07-08-2010, 11:18
If you cancel yor account then no one at that property can sign up for 90 days, this was put in place to stop this kind of thing happening.

So even if you have just moved in to property with previous owners who have had virgin you have to wait 90 days?????

Sirius
07-08-2010, 11:18

But that means VM are being proactive :LOL:

lowei
07-08-2010, 11:19
I might cancel mine.Then put the account in my partners name

Peter_
07-08-2010, 11:30
So even if you have just moved in to property with previous owners who have had virgin you have to wait 90 days?????
No that is different and they will check.;)

lowei
07-08-2010, 11:31
No that is different and they will check.;)

Check what???

Peter_
07-08-2010, 11:31
That is an old trick no longer allowed as they do check the address, something they never used to do in the old days.

lowei
07-08-2010, 11:34
That is an old trick no longer allowed as they do check the address, something they never used to do in the old days.
And checking the address is going to prove?

janipewter
07-08-2010, 11:37

The funny thing is I ask this because that's what a VM person actually told me to do on the phone when I was enquiring about a deal on the 50Mb broadband ;)

RobboEdin
07-08-2010, 13:02

I presume your partner will pass the credit check.

rainer
09-08-2010, 17:08
Had it installed today, i was at work when the chap came, my misses was in.

Everything ok but no free wireless router? Just the new modem.

Am i right in thinking i should have got a free wireless router with the installation aswell?

kwikbreaks
09-08-2010, 19:45
The twitter team told me new router + new dongle when I moaned about the £35 + £20 they want for non-VIP upgrades. See part of their email in my "Decided not to upgrade" thread.

dan dority
09-08-2010, 19:49

Am i right in thinking i should have got a free wireless router with the installation aswell?

have you already got a virgin router?

Peter_
09-08-2010, 20:51

Did you get a new installation today, if so it should come with a free router and you will need to them for one to be sent out.

rainer
10-08-2010, 00:04
I have my own wireless router, NOT a virgin media one.. My router is an old D Link router which only gives me a download speed of 5MB, when im surfing wireless...

Yes Masque had 50mb installed today, was on 20mb..

pip08456
10-08-2010, 00:07
You should've got a new router and dongle.

rainer
10-08-2010, 00:47
So do i just call up CS tomorrow and say he didnt leave me the router?

Thanks for the help guys.

pip08456
10-08-2010, 01:38
So do i just call up CS tomorrow and say he didnt leave me the router?

Thanks for the help guys.

Yes ring them up and don't forget to mention the wirless dongle either.

"Wireless "N" Router

The nippy wireless 'N' router gives you all the same great benefits as our Virgin Media Hub, like blazing fast data transfers, fantastic range and the latest wireless encryption technology.

You'll get a super-advanced modem too.

New and existing customers: Free when you add or upgrade to Broadband XXL (includes a free USB adapter)"

Wireless "N" Adapter
If your computer doesn't have a built-in wireless "N" adapter, you'll need this adapter to get all the benefits of your wireless "N" router. Suitable for desktops and laptops.

New and existing customers: £30 with Broadband L or XL, free with Broadband XXL

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/wireless.html

rainer
10-08-2010, 12:27
Just rang customer services and told them that the engineer didn't give me the router and he said that he will put a claim in or something and that an engineer will bring it round within 7 days? Does that sound about right? Also I was told the Sky Premium HD channels are NOT free on VIP50??

Peter_
10-08-2010, 13:22
Just rang customer services and told them that the engineer didn't give me the router and he said that he will put a claim in or something and that an engineer will bring it round within 7 days? Does that sound about right? Also I was told the Sky Premium HD channels are NOT free on VIP50??
They should have just sent one out by courier as I will be surprised if a engineer delivers it.

pip08456
11-08-2010, 13:05
They should have just sent one out by courier as I will be surprised if a engineer delivers it.

It has happened in the past, 6mths ago my dongle gave up and I was mistakenly sent a replacement router instead, An engieer called to do a swap a few days later.

Good service IMO

Peter_
11-08-2010, 13:06
It has happened in the past, 6mths ago my dongle gave up and I was mistakenly sent a replacement router instead, An engieer called to do a swap a few days later.

Good service IMO
That is quite rare as engineers tend not to deliver equipment.

pip08456
11-08-2010, 13:37
That is quite rare as engineers tend not to deliver equipment.

Admitedly but it can happen.