PDA

View Full Version : Downloads slow down then stop

MrMurdock
02-08-2010, 18:43
As the thread title says, I start a download then after about 10-20 secs they just slow down to a stop.
Normal browsing seems to be fine, E-mail again fine. So I looked straight at the router doesn't seem to be a problem there either (Motorola WS2000 Wireless Switch), even tried another one, same problem. Have plugged directly into Laptop #1, #2, desktop PC#1,2 still same problem.
Currently on hold to wherever in the heck they are India??? waiting for them to test it out. so in the meantime anyone any ideas (ohh Gary Numan , Cars ;) ).
Oh if anyone can tell me how to post the modem stats that i know will help you all.
Help guy just said anti virus, I've disabled and still same problem same can be said for firewall also.

Thanks in advance.
MB

broadbandking
02-08-2010, 19:09
Too post you modem config page just go to 192.168.100.1 and you will find the pages you need there and just copy and paste, what browser are you using, what software (if any) are you using to do your downloading?

pip08456
02-08-2010, 21:04
You'll probibly be asked for User & Pass, both are root.

MrMurdock
02-08-2010, 21:35
Thanks everyone, looks like i've got to the bottom of it.

Virgin staff you'll pleased to know its not your problem.YAY!!

Problem is with the router, for some unkown reason it just doesn't like it when you download stuff, despite having the port running at 100mbps full duplex.
NAT, port forwarding all configured correctly.

So looks like i'm in the market for another ethernet router, Suggestions anyone?

kwikbreaks
02-08-2010, 21:47
Check to see if the one you have can be flashed with DD-WRT firmware

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

I use Tomato which is essentially DD_WRT with some pretty graphics and have absolutely no problem maxing mine out.

MrMurdock
02-08-2010, 22:08
Check to see if the one you have can be flashed with DD-WRT firmware

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

I use Tomato which is essentially DD_WRT with some pretty graphics and have absolutely no problem maxing mine out.

Top idea!

Checked, Unfortunately that's a no. Thanks anyway.