PDA

View Full Version : Activation Problems

elliot
29-07-2010, 14:16
Just got VM installed in new house, and can't access the internet. I have the broadband only service, no phone line or tv service.

All been installed fine (afaik) and the router is set up and working as been using it as a network between laptops.

However, I have a problem with the internet. Whenever I open a web browser, it loads the activation page (http://act2.virginmedia.com) and tells me that "As your account is already activated, just click Finish to proceed", but when I do the connection just times out, and next time I try to load a different webpage, I am presented with the same activation page again!

I have tried activating both connected directly to the modem through enet, and as well as through the wireless router

I have tried resetting the defaults on the modem through 192.168.100.1

At a loss for what to do now! Can't contact VM Support yet, as the account was setup through my letting agent and they have the account details (number, security question and answer etc etc), so am trying to get it resolved without contacting CS.

Been to the VM shop in town and they said that it's all activated from their end as well, so not a clue what is happening!

RobboEdin
29-07-2010, 14:24
As it is the letting agent who are the customer of Virgin Media, I suggest you get your letting agent to sort this out with Virgin Media pronto.

elliot
29-07-2010, 14:26
Already been to them about it but they're 'busy at the moment' with other issues at different houses. Already got a complaint going in with them, but I still have no internet! Would rather not have to wait around for them to fix it, was hoping there would be a fix I could do myself

RobboEdin
29-07-2010, 14:35
If you were the customer, I would suggest posting here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/

As you are not the customer, I would suggest that your use of any passwords, customer numbers, etc to speak to Virgin Media would be against DPA. You could not honestly say you were the customer.

Peter_
29-07-2010, 16:54
What is wrong is that you are in the "Walled Garden" and will not have a public IP address hence the Activation Screen, you will need the account details to call Technical Support in order for them to release you from it, get them from the letting agent and then call up.

jb66
29-07-2010, 17:30
Delete your temorary files on internet explorer, if that doesnt work restart modem, router and pc and try again. You may be out the walled garden but your pc may still think you are, seen this a few times after installs