PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow - 50mb - Connection Issues - Help

zerolight
29-07-2010, 15:01
Guys,

I'm having connection issues on my 50mb BB again. Today it's been up and down all day long. I've tried two different routers to ensure that it was a fault in one of the routers and am now on a direct connection to my modem. We'll see how long that lasts. With the routers I got anything from 1 min to 30 min before the connection dropped.

For the past month I've been needing to reboot my router and modem once per week. Not sure if both my routers are faulty, or the modem, or my levels - they were dodgy a couple of months ago.

Are there any issues in the Glasgow area? I believe I connect to the Renfrew exchange. Possibly unrelated by CBEEBIES channel is constantly up and down too, though rest of telly seems fine.

Any thoughts. I'll post back on how well the direct connection goes.

Levels look like this at the moment.

http://grab.by/grabs/2073b0b95de80b9f10b7424e96ecbb3e.png

http://grab.by/grabs/fcc86d562862e9426b185e67fe483d73.png

Peter_
29-07-2010, 15:09
What you have posted looks normal so if you are experiencing continual drops in connection then I would advise you to call the 50Mb Support line on 088 052 0431.

zerolight
29-07-2010, 15:17
Thanks. I'll see what happens without the router in place. Do VM do anything with MAC Address on hardware other than the modem. I seem to recall they did stuff once upon a time with only so many MAC address swaps in a month - not that I've been changing my router much, but just wondering if it has issues with the MAC addresses on my routers.

Peter_
29-07-2010, 17:42
Thanks. I'll see what happens without the router in place. Do VM do anything with MAC Address on hardware other than the modem. I seem to recall they did stuff once upon a time with only so many MAC address swaps in a month - not that I've been changing my router much, but just wondering if it has issues with the MAC addresses on my routers.
You usually lose the connection if you try to use more than 4 different pieces of hardware within 24 hours that is why a lot of people use routers as can swap and change all day.

zerolight
29-07-2010, 19:57
Looks like my problem was both routers. Ended up with custom firmware on my ASUS RT-N16 and all is well with the world again. Better even. Thanks Masque for your replies.

Peter_
29-07-2010, 20:00
Looks like my problem was both routers. Ended up with custom firmware on my ASUS RT-N16 and all is well with the world again. Better even. Thanks Masque for your replies.
Good to hear that your sorted and up and running.:)