PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to the 50mb service

harryc05
27-07-2010, 22:58
have finaly decided to take the plunge from my 10mb package to the full 50mb as i really need the upload speed, i'm going to phone virgin tommorow to see what price they can offer me.

just a quick question
will the package be upgraded instantly or will they have to send an engineer to put in one of those star trek modems (i have the old ntl one lol)?

also is the 50mb service traffic managed as of now? i heard they were going to begin it?

thanks, harry.

pip08456
27-07-2010, 23:04
Engieer will need to change the modem and no, no traffic management ATM

DavidC
28-07-2010, 01:01
Hi..i very recently upgraded from 20Mb to 50Mb about a month ago. I got through to india and a nice lady assured me all it would cost me was an extra 20 pound one off fee on top of the 37 pounds i was already paying..after that she said it would be 38 pound a month. Anyway installation was done on time and with no problems and i was very happy..until i got my bill a few weeks later of 93 pounds..an extra 36 pounds..so i would be a little bit wary what they tell you.

Anyway..i just paid the extra as so far the 50 MB has been ultra reliable and very fast..we are really happy with it :)

kwikbreaks
28-07-2010, 08:01
Didn't you get any paper confirmation of the contract change?

If that were me I'd be straight on the phone to "I'm thinking of leaving".