PDA

View Full Version : Brown Box on Wall knacked

Wad_2002
26-07-2010, 13:28
Been having a problem for a while where I have noticed that the brown box outside my livingroom windows is burst open exposing the cabels and connections.

I live in a 4inblock flat and currently there is 4 different connections been stuffed into the one box in my garden for mines and the other properties.

I have called up VM 4 times now in the past 12 months and still is not fixed. I have noticed over time that I do suffer from breakup and pixelation for channels.

Mind these cabels have been exposed to scotlands finest rain it has to offer and -10c (+) tempertures during the winter.

Any tihnk this could be the problem of my signal quality and I would think that poor weather conditions could detierate the quality and connection to my house.

Really pi**ed of with VM now, Thinking about asking for a month refudn on my bill due to the 5th call/booking being made again tonight.

Thnaks

MovedGoalPosts
26-07-2010, 13:38
How many cables come from the street cabinet to the brown box. 1 to serve 4 different flats might be more of the problem than the enclosure having "burst open". If the cable feed is serving too many properties the signal strength might not be enough leading to your pixxellation. Ideally each flat should have it's own feed.

Wad_2002
26-07-2010, 17:08
BEst way to explain it -

Line (from street) - Into Garden - Cablled to Brown box on side of wall - 1 connnectiopn ruinning into my property = 3 other connections cabled from box running up exterior walls into other properties.

They do not have any boxes on there wall, just the cable. TBH...the cables and a big tangle and the box has burst open due to the amount of cables/connections.

The connections look like big silver think syrinages plugged into another cable running to the propeties.

weesteev
27-07-2010, 13:47
It could well be an RG11 cable feeding a splitter then 4 RG6 drop cables running to each property. This is perfectly fine although if there are signal problems then it may be best to repull a new drop cable.