PDA

View Full Version : New to Virgin Media

grafinoz
25-07-2010, 15:14
Hi Guys, I am getting Virgin Media installed this coming friday with the VIP package plus an extra box. However a friend of mine submitted a form to get me mates rates but I actually rang Virgin to set up my installation instead of waiting for them to call me. I spoke with their call centre and they said that as long as the form was submitted before installation (it was done the day after I rang them) then it wont be a problem and I wills still get the mates rates. Can anyone confirm this at all? My other option is to cancel as I am in the 7 day cooling off period and wait for them to call me.
Thx.
graf

Toto
25-07-2010, 15:27
Hi Guys, I am getting Virgin Media installed this coming friday with the VIP package plus an extra box. However a friend of mine submitted a form to get me mates rates but I actually rang Virgin to set up my installation instead of waiting for them to call me. I spoke with their call centre and they said that as long as the form was submitted before installation (it was done the day after I rang them) then it wont be a problem and I wills still get the mates rates. Can anyone confirm this at all? My other option is to cancel as I am in the 7 day cooling off period and wait for them to call me.
Thx.
graf

:welcome: to the forum, I'm sure a member who knows these things can let you know. :)

grafinoz
25-07-2010, 15:30
thanks toto - cant wait to get it installed..

Peter_
25-07-2010, 15:39
I have no idea and Mates Rates an be a bit of a grey area, might be an idea for your friend to contact the team while in work.

Kymmy
25-07-2010, 16:11
Thread moved to Installation forum, duplicate thread deleted and answers merged

weesteev
25-07-2010, 16:18
No this isn't the case, mates rates is dealt with by a different team. If you want mates rates you will need to wait fro them to contact you, they are extremely busy at the moment due to the number of requests.

grafinoz
25-07-2010, 16:27
No this isn't the case, mates rates is dealt with by a different team. If you want mates rates you will need to wait fro them to contact you, they are extremely busy at the moment due to the number of requests.

thanks - i may well call them tomorrow then to cancel my installation and wait for the mates rates team to call me....

Jonnymeg
25-07-2010, 21:35
Defo wait for the team to call you.
Your mate should have been given a Lead ID. If you call in then you should quote that.

grafinoz
26-07-2010, 19:23
Defo wait for the team to call you.
Your mate should have been given a Lead ID. If you call in then you should quote that.

yes mate he did - i quoted that when i rang them and they said its fine as the form was submitted before installation date...