PDA

View Full Version : Unable to host in a game server

deakin
24-07-2010, 16:50
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

A few of my friends and i enjoy playing the old game XIII on Ubisoft's server but those of us on virgin connections just can't seem to host a game. Other
players just can't get a ping to our rooms. Everyone else on BT or others are fine. Someone said something about it's virgins peering to Ubisoft at fault ?

Is thier anything i can do on my end to fix this or something virgin can do ?

Thanks.

EDIT : I would have ask'd for help on the Ubisoft forum but they nolonger support the game aparently.

chambohambo
24-07-2010, 18:48
what router do you have? please can you tell us the brand and model please, it may just be a case of a setting.

deakin
24-07-2010, 19:06
Whoops, sorry i forgot to say that i'm not using a router. The other people who are also having the same problem are connecting directly to the modem too. There are five of us in total playing. three live within one mile of myself here in Glasgow, the other two are about 3(ish) miles away in the city centre.

I think we all connect to the main hub in renfrew if thats any help ?

j0rdan
27-07-2010, 14:19
If you have windows firewall (or any firewall for that matter) enabled, you may need to add the games ports to its exception list.

deakin
28-07-2010, 05:12
If you have windows firewall (or any firewall for that matter) enabled, you may need to add the games ports to its exception list.

Thanks Jordan, i've allways had my firewall set too allow access.

It now seems that i can't even ping ubisoft.com. i get 100% packet loss also i try'd a tracert and it timed out
when reaching a server located in montreal on the 12th hop. Whats getting me puzzled is that we can join other
players rooms just as long as they are not with virgin. This has only just happend. It was fine a few weeks back.

Anyone got any idears ?

Dai
28-07-2010, 16:36
I'm also getting the Montreal timeout on 216.6.114.17