PDA

View Full Version : clydebank area

lee1976uk
18-07-2010, 14:37
hi there i am having intermittent connection issues in the g81 area spoke to tech support but there werent helpful. (offshore deptartment) They adv there is a netowrk issue in the area but there is nothing on the status page. Is anyone else having issues in this area?

M1ckR1ck
18-07-2010, 14:43
Well there are issues in Belfast area, speeds are fluctuating wildly up to ~20mbps on a 50 mbps connection and down to less than 3mbps. These are the "informative" details on Virgins service status page:

Broadband feature interruptions

The following issues may be affecting some aspects of your Virgin Media Broadband service.

You will currently be experiencing problems accessing the V Stuff application. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working to fix it fast. We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Our engineers have advised this fault is taking longer to fix than expected. A new estimated repair time has been confirmed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.

o Date Issue raised: July 12 2010, 20:15
o Estimated repair time: July 17 2010, 17:14
o Fault reference: F001311562

Note this is the 18th, the issues are still there and there has been no update on the site.

lee1976uk
18-07-2010, 14:48
yeah thats what i have on the status page, nothing at all to do with the fault. When i spoke to tech support they were saying a network cable needed to be replaced, but, when i phoned again for an update they didnt know anything about this. Looking for clarification i get online for a day then lose adays service . posting this from work as the internet went down this morning

M1ckR1ck
18-07-2010, 15:04
Sure we all know VM is notorious for telling its customers nothing when there's a problem. If you forget topay your bill they're quick enough to come looking their money though.

lee1976uk
18-07-2010, 15:10
yeah they sure are posted this on the official virgin forum but have had no response lol

EssDee
20-07-2010, 16:23
Have also had issues in Clydebank. 'Ready' light flashes on modem frequently at the moment and got to reboot modem to resolve. Appears to be struggling to get a 'fix' after reboot. Will call it in tomorrow if no improvement by then.

m8internet
20-07-2010, 19:23
Is this an ex-TeleWest area?

I am in Cumbernauld (on Castlecary UBR)

I find it when rains VERY heavily, for at least 2 hours, the service stops completely (TV and broadband)
It doesn't happen very often, maybe once every six months

I send an email (on my three dongle) that service has ceased
I then check hourly to see if service has resumed
If the service is still not available after 12 hours I phone them with the case reference from the email
Once the service resumes I then send an email that it has resumed

If the service is still not available after 24 hours I take the matter further
This normally results in a full one month refund, but that has only happened three times so far

godfathertre
12-09-2012, 11:43
clydebank area last week was down for 4 days the were repairing a main cable this week sunday could not connect for two hours yearstday down again i phoned customer services and told if not resolved i will cancel my broadband i upgraded to 60 meg superhub wireless signal is rubbish the modem router is junk will give two more weeks any more of this and i ll cancel my contract thank you area g81 clydebank.