PDA

View Full Version : Upstream limited to 90KB/sec today (after fw upgrade?)

RainmakerRaw
16-07-2010, 22:30
I'm currently uploading some backups to my FTP server and managing only 87 to 90 KB/sec. As such it's taking twice as long as it normally would, and this has been ongoing across the day. I've tried uploading elsewhere (usenet, Skype friends etc) and 90KB/sec seems to be the limit. If I'm also using FTP at the same time, it'll drop from 90KB/sec to 70KB/sec and the other upload will use 30KB/sec - i.e. within the 90KB/sec overall limit.

Normally I get at least 200KB/sec upstream, quite reliably. I wondered if the new modem firmware could have borked something? Then again my upstream power level seems a little below par, it's normally around 46 to 48 iirc. Screenies attached. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts? All input gratefully received. Many thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Yes I've tried power cycling the modem and router etc, btw. No joy.

Peter_
17-07-2010, 10:23
Your Downstream is a touch high but your Upstream is fine and well within operational parameters.

Call today before 1600 or wait until Monday after 0800 for a UK agent on 0800 052 0431.

virginruinedntl
20-07-2010, 13:56
any updates of what upload speeds we will be and an ETA of when we will get them, q3 finishes in just over 2 months :(

RainmakerRaw
20-07-2010, 14:07
any updates of what upload speeds we will be and an ETA of when we will get them, q3 finishes in over 2 months :(

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realised it was a question. Sorry, you didn't use a question mark and I thought you were making a vague statement of some sort lol It might be easier to start your own thread, or else ask in the existing ones regarding the upload increase.

Masque, thanks for the input, I was going to ring the tech team yesterday but by coincidence I decided to flash my DIR-615 to DD-WRT as my own custom built router isn't quite ready yet. The upload issue was cured instantly. I'm getting a nice solid 210KB/sec upstream again. Go figure. Thanks for your input once again. :)