PDA

View Full Version : New user would appreciate some help!

Arty-Media
12-07-2010, 23:15
Hi everyone on here, I am a VERY long time lurker, but I had to try to wean myself off CableForum as I was addicted and would spend all my time just looking around and gaining information, but I have now chose to sign up as I am in need of help!

I am moving to a new flat in Lochfield Paisley Scotland in a few days time and I definitely want to get Virgin Media in my new home as I have been on Freeview for a year and I need an upgrade lol! Also have been using Orange for the internet, and I am growing older before my time waiting for things to load!

The 2 questions I have are;

1) Is anybody here from the Paisley or Lochfield area or can any tech guys here tell me about how the utilisation issues are for the UBR's around? The area I am moving in to is mainly old people and there are lots of Sky dishes so I doubt many would be on Virgin Media around here, but it cant help to ask! ;)

2) the services I would like from Virgin Media are XL TV with a shiney new Samsung V+ box, XL Telephone and to be a devil, 50Mb broadband (I'm a bit of a download whore!!) can somebody give me a rough figure of how much this is likely to cost (also, is there still no STM on the 50Mb tier?)

Hoping to be a helpful active member of this site, but in the coming weeks will be busy moving stuff around and decorating, oh the headaches lol!

Anyways thanks for this awesome site and sorry for my mammouth post!

Hope to hear back from someone soon!

TC all

A.

pip08456
13-07-2010, 10:51
Looking at the bundle builder ( http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/triple-builder.html ) it looks like £15.00 for fist 2 months + £49.00 one-off charge for V+ box then £66.00 PM thereafter.

I would have it confirmed over the phone though.

As the area you are moving to is full of "crinklies":D:D:D:D:D:D I don't think you'll have any problems with oversubscription.

Arty-Media
13-07-2010, 13:00
lol thanks for your reply pip08456, yeah I'm gonna be surrounded by loads of OAP's, although you want to be carefull of them, THEY are the worst for downloading thousands of illegal movies a day and THEY are the ones to blame for over-subscription hehe :angel:

But seriously, thanks for the info, I did check out the bundle builder and it does look a lot more expensive than the normal packages, man who'd have thought it would be so expensive in this day & age of technology!

My mum is with Virgin Media back in England, and for XL TV, XL Phone & XL broadband she dont pay nowhere near that, but I guess its cos she's been with them so long!

Do virgin still do the £50 recommend a friend thing where if you mention that somebody has recommended you to Virgin you both get 50quid taken off your bill?

Thanks again!

A.

kwikbreaks
13-07-2010, 14:08
Don't know about recommend a friend but if you sign up through Quidco or TopCashBack there is currently £65 cashback (it has been a lot more generous in the past).