PDA

View Full Version : Installation Questions

diamondrush
10-07-2010, 14:08
Hi! I am getting tv, broadband and phoneline installed in a couple of weeks and have got a few questions. I've found the answers to most of them but not all, so any help you can give would be appreciated (apologies if they've already been answered).

1. The flat above already has cable from Virgin - their cable box is right next to my front door (outside), so will the same box be used for me, or will Virgin need to run another cable from the street and install another box?

2. Inside my flat, will I need seperate boxes fixed to the wall for the three services, or is it one box with three sockets? (By "box" I mean the BT-style box, not the V+ box.) If they are seperate, would I have to have them next to each other, or could I have them in seperate rooms?

3. I rent so I would rather not have any more fixed wiring than necessary (my landlord has given permission by the way!). Can I have the box(es) installed in the hallway just inside my front door next to my BT socket, and then have extension cables running to my TV/phone, or does the wiring need to be fixed to the walls? For example if I wanted to move my TV in the future.

4. Lastly, how long does a standard installation take on average? I'm just looking for a rough idea.

Thank you for your help, I'm counting down the days until I get it installed!