PDA

View Full Version : Download speeds

BULLROOT
05-07-2010, 14:05
I done a speed test earlier and it showed 19.65 mbps download and then popped up a box saying that a mp3 file (5mb) should take 3 secs to download - why is it then when i try to download an mp3 song from Limewire that it takes 1 to 2 minutes??

Hugh
05-07-2010, 14:21
Because p2p is being sourced from many different seeders, which will have varying speeds.

Download tests are from one site.

btw, I would lose Limewire if I were you - unless you set up the security options appropriately, you are leaving your computer wide open.

Ignitionnet
05-07-2010, 16:42
I done a speed test earlier and it showed 19.65 mbps download and then popped up a box saying that a mp3 file (5mb) should take 3 secs to download - why is it then when i try to download an mp3 song from Limewire that it takes 1 to 2 minutes??

Try paying for the music and you'll be likely to get it more quickly. They probably had legitimate sources of the music in mind when quoting those times.

In case you weren't aware Limewire downloads are very rarely legitimate, it's dodgy P2P. Try Amazon, Play.com, iTunes, many other sources for the tunes which will be quicker, and are legit.