PDA

View Full Version : 3.40 Firmware gone live

Ravenheart
29-06-2010, 21:19
The 3.40 firmware has gone live, adding Playstation +, video editing and upload, improved photo gallery and power saving settings and for those who feel the need improved Facebook features.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/28/ps3-system-software-update-v3-40-and-playstation-plus-available-later-today/

Move controller calibration options in there too. And they've fixed the calender bug that left PS3 Phat devices unable to connect to PSN earlier in the year too.

roger skillin
30-06-2010, 10:32
I read yesterday that it has only gone live in the US and will come to the UK at a later date, i may be wrong as i havn't switched mine on for a while but i do have a us account too so it would work with that. I see they are now trying to get extra money out of us with their subscription service, i know it's optional but one of the reasons people get a PS3 rather than an XBOX is the free online content so i don't think many people will be getting the extra's

monkey2468
30-06-2010, 15:16
My PS3 updated yesterday.

Dukefever
02-07-2010, 10:47
Why would people not subscribe? I havent yet but there are some games that will be for free aswell as expansion packs. Providing you download them I think it might be good value. Although, I do think though that the £40 subscription is too much. There will be plenty of psone classics available for free! Online gaming remains free which is the reason everyone tends to choose ps3 over xbox.

pabscars
02-07-2010, 12:30
Why would people not subscribe? I havent yet but there are some games that will be for free aswell as expansion packs. Providing you download them I think it might be good value. Although, I do think though that the £40 subscription is too much. There will be plenty of psone classics available for free! Online gaming remains free which is the reason everyone tends to choose ps3 over xbox.

You would be surprised how many people I've come across who don't use their PS3's to its full potential or even have them connected to a broadband connection.

Purely using them as a games console only and not necessarily being aware of all it can do.

I disagree a little with your comment regarding the reason people choose a PS3 over an xbox, because apart from the obvious reason of it being a blueray player I am aware of a number of friends, gamers and family who got so sick of the xbox's high failure rate, that they moved out of frustration and the fact that there is no subscription was purely a bonus.

Getting back on topic, I've downloaded the new firmware but haven't yet explored the new features.