PDA

View Full Version : lights on cable modem

candy1567
25-06-2010, 15:46
Hi just a quickie question.

Have 50mg and its working great, but have a question about the lights on the modem

It normally has the power light, router light, and the lock on tick all lit up with the up and downsteam flashing intermittently.

well for the last couple of days only the power light and lock on tick is lit, although the internets working fine.

Am getting my full download speed, although web pages are a little slow to open but nothing untoward.

Is this ok am sure it is as the nets working fine and i dont want to meddle as wen its working the internet is spot on.

Just wondered where the other lights went lol

juliexx

Peter_
25-06-2010, 17:52
It may just be a firmware issue with the modem, if unsure give the 50Mb Support Team a call on 0800 052 0431.

candy1567
25-06-2010, 20:58
hi masque

I did give the 50mg team a call at ur suggestion, the guy i spoke to said that everything looks ok from his end and that if its working then to leave well alone.

He said that there is no reason to reset or do anything as i was getting a service, i asked him to explain the lights disappearing as i have had 50mg since it came out and have never seen this before, he just said that as long as the lock on tick is solid then the other lights dont matter.

Thanks for the reply anyway, BTW will i need to do anything if it needs a firmware update or is this done automatically, as i agree with the tech i dont want to mess as i am getting excellent service, i actually get the full 50mg speed (doing simultaneous game downloads on VM) getting approx 6.2mg

Cheers for replyin

Juliex

Peter_
25-06-2010, 20:59
hi masque

I did give the 50mg team a call at ur suggestion, the guy i spoke to said that everything looks ok from his end and that if its working then to leave well alone.

He said that there is no reason to reset or do anything as i was getting a service, i asked him to explain the lights disappearing as i have had 50mg since it came out and have never seen this before, he just said that as long as the lock on tick is solid then the other lights dont matter.

Thanks for the reply anyway, BTW will i need to do anything if it needs a firmware update or is this done automatically, as i agree with the tech i dont want to mess as i am getting excellent service, i actually get the full 50mg speed (doing simultaneous game downloads on VM) getting approx 6.2mg

Cheers for replyin

Juliex
Only what I expected them to say but it stops that niggle in the back of your mind.;)

merlintt
28-06-2010, 10:08
I have had the same issue latley,just the tick and power lights on.Had no issue using the connection and it resolved itself the next time I reset my router.