PDA

View Full Version : Speed Issues Peterborough Area

Enigma776
24-06-2010, 22:33
Is anyone having issues with their broadband in the Peterborough area? I am getting maybe 120kb/s of bandwidth from a 20MB connection.

Checked Modem log to find this

New UCD in effect
Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues.

pip08456
24-06-2010, 23:00
Have you tried a reboot?

Enigma776
24-06-2010, 23:14
Yeah tried that before coming here.

--Edit--

Seems it's back to normal again for the time being but if you want my modem's power read out or anything let me know. I still think something is up.

pip08456
24-06-2010, 23:41
If it's back to normal I wouldn't bother. If it happens again then post upstream and downstream levels.

Do you think you could've fallen foul of STM?

Ignitionnet
25-06-2010, 00:01
If it's back to normal I wouldn't bother. If it happens again then post upstream and downstream levels.

Do you think you could've fallen foul of STM?

The UCD change is probably Advanced Spectrum Management (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/cmts/feature/guide/ufg_spec.html) kicking in and causing a bit of congestion as the channel is chopped from a higher order modulation to a lower one.

It happens, hopefully very rarely!

Enigma776
25-06-2010, 00:23
Nah I doubt I was throttled or bandwidth shaped as I have never been yet and with the amount of traffic going through this house I more than should be lol but never am.

As for the down and up streams they never changed although the Downstream Receive Power Level is like 4.0dBmv which I thought was a little low but it still reads that even when back to normal. The SNR is 42dB