PDA

View Full Version : TW2 50Mbit Area Problem?

Red Squirrel
18-06-2010, 15:15
Hi, Forum !

I'm posting here because this seems to have the potential to drag on ...

Since about last Friday 11th June I've been experiencing slow internet (2-6 Mbit download speeds) and at times no internet at all.

On Tuesday 15th June we had an engineer out who said my side of things was fine and it was a "server" issue that his colleagues had been trying to fix all night and there was nothing to do but wait.

On Wednesday I called up VM as the problem still persisted and I got through to a UK call centre (hurrah :D ). He checked and found no local issues that should be affecting my broadband then logged into my Modem and saw the downstream power levels were too low, I think they were something like 27dB when they should be 29dB or greater? Since there were no local issues he sent another engineer for today, Friday, with the intent being the issue might be a fix that needs to be done in a local cabinet.

So today on Friday the engineer has been out and has again decided it's a "server" issue that leaves me with half functioning internet and no ETA for a fix.

I'm not at home at the moment to C&P any info from the modem but is that something anyone on here wants to have a look at?

Ignitionnet
22-06-2010, 16:26
At least some bits of this area won't be getting their upgrades until next financial year - no earlier than April 2011.