PDA

View Full Version : Internet Security

jamie19
16-06-2010, 19:17
Basically I have got Virgin Media Security but when I go to open it up it says account inactive, it then tells me to insert my email and password which I do but only get a blank screen for ages. I have been on the Virgin Media website and it says to uninstall the Virgin Media Security but it won't let me uninstall it.

Can anyone help me?

martyh
16-06-2010, 19:22
Basically I have got Virgin Media Security but when I go to open it up it says account inactive, it then tells me to insert my email and password which I do but only get a blank screen for ages. I have been on the Virgin Media website and it says to uninstall the Virgin Media Security but it won't let me uninstall it.

Can anyone help me?

on the activation screen you will have a box for your email address ,i made the mistake of putting my full email in the box ...dont just put the someone@.. part then use the dropdown box next to it and select blueyonder .co.uk or whatever your adress is

and welcome to the forum :D

jamie19
16-06-2010, 19:30
on the activation screen you will have a box for your email address ,i made the mistake of putting my full email in the box ...dont just put the someone@.. part then use the dropdown box next to it and select blueyonder .co.uk or whatever your adress is

and welcome to the forum :D

I have done that but once I click next it stays on a white screen and nothing else happens.

martyh
16-06-2010, 19:43
I have done that but once I click next it stays on a white screen and nothing else happens.

are you sure the password is correct this will be same password you log into your email with

it was the incorrect email entry that gave me a white screen when i installed it that is why ask if your email and password are being entered correctly :)

NoKnowledge
16-06-2010, 19:54
I don't use this but could it be that because VM are replacing the generated usernames like TS004Z4210 @ blueyonder.co.uk, the user has to now use the alias name as the email entry ?

martyh
16-06-2010, 21:04
I don't use this but could it be that because VM are replacing the generated usernames like TS004Z4210 @ blueyonder.co.uk, the user has to now use the alias name as the email entry ?

good point ,i had forgot about that my activation was using my alias not the numbers/letters combo that vm give you

jamie19
19-06-2010, 20:41
It still isn't letting me uninstall it and still goes onto the activation page.

I can't download Adobe Flash Player either so can't watch no videos.

Is it Virgin or my laptop?!?!?!?!?!

Peter_
19-06-2010, 22:26
If that is already set as your Primary then it will never change as you can no longer add alias to those addresses.