PDA

View Full Version : Channel List on B&Q Ross Satellite System

Hmph
15-06-2010, 13:06
Hiya,
I'm new here. Last week I bought and installed the Ross System that is available at B & Q. It installed fine - found satellites easily without a satellite finder - I could see the tv from where the dish is. I have all the channels such as BBC/ITV etc..... Some of the channels have a $ sign by their name - which I think means it is a subscritpion channel. However some of the channels found don't have anything next to their name, but the screen remains blank - such as Luxe TV amongst many others. What is the reason I can't see these channels and what do I need to do to receive them ?

Thanks in advance

Hmph !

Kymmy
15-06-2010, 13:10
Welcome to the forum

You might have found the LUXE HD channel, as it's MPeg4 the name will show up but no content will be visible. What's the freq/SID-VPID ?

Video Kid
15-06-2010, 20:35
Hiya,
I'm new here. Last week I bought and installed the Ross System that is available at B & Q. It installed fine - found satellites easily without a satellite finder - I could see the tv from where the dish is. I have all the channels such as BBC/ITV etc..... Some of the channels have a $ sign by their name - which I think means it is a subscritpion channel. However some of the channels found don't have anything next to their name, but the screen remains blank - such as Luxe TV amongst many others. What is the reason I can't see these channels and what do I need to do to receive them ?

Thanks in advance

Hmph ! You don't say if this is the standard or high definition system. They are on the third revision of firmware for the HD kit, check what version you are running by looking in system information. If you have anything less than the latest version which is 1.0.6 then update it, that way you might stand half a chance of getting the thing to work.