PDA

View Full Version : TV does not switch to cable channel automatically anymore

wazza2004
11-06-2010, 23:26
Used to have a normal Virgin cable box connected to tv using scart. With the tv on when i switch on the cable box the tv changes channel to AV2 which is what the cable box scart is connected to.

Have upgraded to V+HD box and used the same scart cable. I have also connected a HDMI cable. The HDMI cable is connected to AV4 channel. The instruction manual says to have both scart and HDMI cable connected. When i switch on the cable box i have to manually change the channel to AV4. Why is that? It this normal or do i have to set something else up?

Can i do without the scart cable?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Ben B
11-06-2010, 23:32
You don't need the SCART cable no, the only reason you need that is to set up the HDMI cable at first or if you connect a video or DVD recorder to the VCR socket. HDMI doesn't have the auto changing function on anything that uses it so you will have to manually select the channel but most TVs automatically go to the last channel your TV was on when you switched it off.

G UK
11-06-2010, 23:48
HDMI doesn't have the auto changing function on anything that uses it so you will have to manually select the channel

I've heard that several times but my cheap "Pro-Line" TV has always auto selected the HDMI input whenever I turn the V+ on as has most other TV's that I've seen.

For the op, as Ben says once you have got the HDMI setup remove the SCART as its not needed.

wazza2004
11-06-2010, 23:50
Thanks for the replies