PDA

View Full Version : How to escalate complaints with connection issue.s

Andyhock
31-05-2010, 14:51
Can someone tell me how to escalate complaints with broadband issues. It's now got beyond a joke with lack of connection issues. I am waiting for another installation engineer to come out & tell me it's nothing he can help me with & he will then phone the network engineer who will take three more days to come out. The issue is sorted out for a few weeks, then my connection will slowly get worse till finally I can't connect at all.

I keep phoning to report the issue & each call is like an episode from Mumbai Calling, one telephony agent said it was because I was running windows 7, another one said that he could see my modem so there wasn't an issue. I explained that I was closer & could see the modem better (lol not), I then asked him to explain why then was my modem only showing one download stream when in fact on the 50Meg service I should have four.

The issue I am told is with the main box on the roadside, I was told that this was on the engineers weekly maintenance run but was removed when the bad weather started last year and not added back on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

weemax
31-05-2010, 14:57
You're luck. You can get them to send an engineer.

Peter_
31-05-2010, 14:59
You need to call 0800 052 0431 for the 50Mb Support Team.

Russ
31-05-2010, 15:05
Cable Forum has high-level contacts in Virgin Media who have the power to get things done - send me a PM with your name and a contact number and I'll get it passed on to our guys :)

Risco
31-05-2010, 18:59
I have contact address that will get your issue resolved very quickly. PM me and I will tell you what you need to do.

Andyhock
03-06-2010, 18:48
Just got to say a big thankyou to everyone that replied. I called the 0800 number (Thanks Masque) for the 50Meg support and spoke to someone that actually knew something. It appears that it was an issue with too much noise on my connection to the server (don't know alot about networking). The chap I spoke too raised the issue with the engineers & within 24 hours everything was sorted.:)

Peter_
03-06-2010, 19:00
Just got to say a big thankyou to everyone that replied. I called the 0800 number (Thanks Masque) for the 50Meg support and spoke to someone that actually knew something. It appears that it was an issue with too much noise on my connection to the server (don't know alot about networking). The chap I spoke too raised the issue with the engineers & within 24 hours everything was sorted.:)
That is good news, nice one.;)