PDA

View Full Version : Any Problems in Lincoln? - My 50MB down

GazCBG
30-05-2010, 17:16
Hi,

Currently my 50MB is down in the Lincoln LN6 area.
I phone support (offshore), they said there no problems in the area.
So they booked a tech for Tuesday morning.

Was just wondering if anyone else is down in Lincoln?

Net, was ok this morning, and slowed down, so I rebooted and, the ready light was flashing since then.

Virgin status page says it is ok as well.

Dai
30-05-2010, 17:23
Hi Gaz, I'm OK in LN1. But I'm only 20Mb so maybe it's different hardware?

GazCBG
30-05-2010, 17:36
Thanks for the reply :)

Look at the error log of the modem.

I am getting the below errors
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
B-INIT-RNG Failure- Retires exceeded

Top 2 more often then the 3rd one

General Maximus
30-05-2010, 18:29
I am on 50mbit and in LN6 and everything is fine my end dude. Just ran a speed test and I am getting full up and down

Peter_
30-05-2010, 18:57
Could well be a local issue, we are in tomorrow so give us a call if still not happy.

GazCBG
30-05-2010, 21:30
Internet back up, but running slow.
Download: 14.96 Mb/s
Upload: 1.65 Mb/s

Download is going up and down between 3Mb/s and 21Mb/s

So see how it goes, till the morning and if still slow phone up 50Mb team and see what they have to say.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Things seem to be back to normal now :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/05/1.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Will cancel tech tomorrow, once I have check it in the morning.

Peter_
30-05-2010, 21:33
Probably a localised issue which appears to have been fixed, give it to around midday before calling just in case.

GazCBG
01-06-2010, 11:33
Just got off the phone with VM 50MB team, as my speed have dropped (between 3-10Mb).

There is a signal issue, which it pretty bad, so they rasied a ticket.
He also said about some underline problems as well.

I have to say the 50MB team are great :)

General Maximus
01-06-2010, 19:04
weird, I would have thought me and you would be connecting to the same box/thing in Lincoln given our postcodes and I havent had any probs at all

Nedkelly
02-06-2010, 00:15
You could be off a different node and be on a different card on the ubr :)

GazCBG
06-06-2010, 10:56
It is down again :mad:

Just phone VM got offshore call center, they say it could be due to the same problem, low signal :( and should be fix by the 10th. They can't send out a tech as the low signal is still on the system. This all started on the 30th May and it now 6th June. UK call center said it should be fixed within 5 days, at most.

But I find that hard to believe as we had lighting and thunder last night and up to then it was fine 50Mb spot on. Now all I got is a flashing ready light.

Peter_
06-06-2010, 10:58
It is down again :mad:

Just phone VM got offshore call center, they say it could be due to the same problem, low signal :( and should be fix by the 10th. They can't send out a tech as the low signal is still on the system. This all started on the 30th May and it now 6th June. UK call center said it should be fixed within 5 days, at most.

But I find that hard to believe as we had lighting and thunder last night and up to then it was fine 50Mb spot on. Now all I got is a flashing ready light.
Call in the morning as today you will only get offshore.

GazCBG
06-06-2010, 12:57
It is backup now.
So maybe it is, still a signal issue.

pip08456
06-06-2010, 13:00
I'd still ring UK support to check it out.

General Maximus
06-06-2010, 18:15
they always makes up crap. Last time there was a national outage I rang the offshore call center (before they obviously heard about it) and they had the nerve to tell me that they had run a line test and everything was alright up and till the modem therefore it is my pc which is at fault and I must have a virus.

The good news is that although they don't know what the fault it atm, it if it as a result of lightning you can pretty much guarantee they are on to it and it will be fixed in the next couple of days.

pip08456
06-06-2010, 18:28
they always makes up crap. Last time there was a national outage I rang the offshore call center (before they obviously heard about it) and they had the nerve to tell me that they had run a line test and everything was alright up and till the modem therefore it is my pc which is at fault and I must have a virus.

The good news is that although they don't know what the fault it atm, it if it as a result of lightning you can pretty much guarantee they are on to it and it will be fixed in the next couple of days.

I can say nothing about offshore support that hasn't already been said. That's why both Masque and myself said ring tomorrow (early) to get UK support.