PDA

View Full Version : LE4 Birstall - Anyone else with problems.

Bod
26-05-2010, 13:24
Awoke this morning to find modem unable to sync. Rang VM who stated that it was a problem with my end and they would send an engineer.

Wondered if there was anyone else in the area experiencing issues?

whitewineandsoda
26-05-2010, 17:12
I had nothing this morning, came back on about 11am. Leeds area.

Bod
26-05-2010, 18:08
Wrong Birstall :)

Looks like it's been a large outage, LE2, LE4, LE7, LE21 all down apparently.

Mine came back up about an hour ago and had a followup call from VM to double-check it was all working shortly afterwards. I have to say I'm impressed.

Chrysalis
26-05-2010, 21:00
ouch, LE3 was ok in that it stayed online.

ShadowTD
02-06-2010, 11:46
LE11 last night was awful. Dog slow (too slow for basic iPlayer) and several reboots required. It's been pretty ropey for about 6-8 weeks now.

Chrysalis
02-06-2010, 15:53
I agree leicester appears to have serious capacity issues, in fact my own postcode is confirmed by VM themselves to be critical. Considering that VM tend to let congestion get at least moderate before they consider it worthy of an upgrade for them to say that about my area is saying a lot.

Whilst I was on legacy I had the same problems, connection unfit for purpose, couldnt stream iplayer, 4od, youtube etc. downloads at dialup speeds. Extreme jitter and continous packetloss.

It does seem a coincidence that so many different areas of leicester have generated complaints since they enabled digital in my area, its as if my area didnt get its own ubr so was adding user's to existing areas, and the signup rate was very high a 6 week wait for installations from january to april.

ShadowTD
03-06-2010, 17:56
Thanks for that Chrysalis - it's good to know it's not just me. Although it doesn't bode well for how long it's going to take to get fixed... :(