PDA

View Full Version : UK Timeline Spartacus: Blood & Sand

MovedGoalPosts
25-05-2010, 19:05
Starting tonight on Bravo. :ninja:

The tile of this is slightly inaccurate - it would have been better off called Blood and Sex (of which there is quite a bit :naughty: ).

It takes a couple of episodes to get going. The first really sets things up for the rest of the series.

Having seen the US transmissions I consider this to be well worth a watch :tu: It's just a shame there is no Bravo HD channel so you could really immerse yourself in the blood spatterings :(

cimt
25-05-2010, 19:29
Same, I'd much rather of had a Bravo HD than that Livingit or w/e it's called. How cut down is it? Is it on for an hour with commercials, do you know? If it is then that's a real let down. Certainly agree about the title. :D

MovedGoalPosts
25-05-2010, 20:21
US shows are generally an hour with a stupid amount of adverts. Our digital TV goes the same way so an hour will have a load of adverts too without needing to cut parts of the programme. Only reason they would cut is sensorship, but given other "racy" stuff shown late at night on some of the Virgin Related channels, they won't need to chop anything except the heads, arms, legs (and in one case later in the series something else too) ....

Tezcatlipoca
25-05-2010, 20:28
I'd be very interested to see whether they show this intact...

Anyway, I've seen the lot, & can definitely recommend it :tu:

As Rob said, it takes a bit to get going. But it soon became one of my favourite shows of the season.

cimt
25-05-2010, 20:51
US shows are generally an hour with a stupid amount of adverts. Our digital TV goes the same way so an hour will have a load of adverts too without needing to cut parts of the programme. Only reason they would cut is sensorship, but given other "racy" stuff shown late at night on some of the Virgin Related channels, they won't need to chop anything except the heads, arms, legs (and in one case later in the series something else too) ....

Spartacus is on a premium network called Starz so there is no adverts. It means it's on for an hour without adverts. That's why I asked if it had been cut.

MovedGoalPosts
25-05-2010, 21:24
Since the first programmes transmision slot is 22:00 - 23:15, that suggests no cuts to me even if it was originally made as an hour long programme witout breaks :)

Peter_
25-05-2010, 21:46
Looking forward to this as it looks quite good.

Tezcatlipoca
25-05-2010, 22:27
Since the first programmes transmision slot is 22:00 - 23:15, that suggests no cuts to me even if it was originally made as an hour long programme witout breaks :)

That bodes well then :)

The eps ranged from 50-55 minutes in the US.

Hom3r
22-07-2010, 21:31
Eastenders would be more fun if it was like this programme.

I never thought I hear "Xena" saying what she want to feel from her Gladiator lover (I dare not say it here even a cleaned version.)

The only nigggle I have is the fight scenes and the excess blood that is produced.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Season two was delayed due to Andy Whitfield (Spartacus) recieving treatment for cancer.

While recovering, they made a prequel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus:_Blood_and_Sand

multiskilled
22-07-2010, 22:35
I've been recording this on series link, then found out it's available, "on demand" in hd. Though three episodes have not been viewable, 2 due to picture freezing and 1 being broadcast in the wrong format 4:3. As a result I have watched my own recording. Any one else had this problem?