PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Better Than Wired!?

Rowan88
23-05-2010, 13:18
Hi,

Ive been having problems getting my full upload speed via uTorrent and private tracker. I usually get it fine but not lately.

Ive went through all the options and something ive noticed is that when im at my m8s house on wireless, its perfect, when im at mine on wireless, its also perfect, but when im hard wired in its not as good.

Is there anything I should do LAN wize or for Windows 7 that could be causing the problem of not getting my perfect upload speeds?

Thanks,

Rowan

Chrysalis
23-05-2010, 13:46
check the duplex settings, make sure is set to auto.

Rowan88
23-05-2010, 14:12
Im sorry how do I do that??? Is it in uTorrent or a setting on Windows?

Also, is there a TCP program that I can see if the port im using on uTorrent is being used by anything else conflicting??

Sephiroth
23-05-2010, 14:50
Im sorry how do I do that??? Is it in uTorrent or a setting on Windows?

Also, is there a TCP program that I can see if the port im using on uTorrent is being used by anything else conflicting??

Duplex settings are for the wired ethernet card (via the device properties) and matching on the router (which shouldbe default full duplex).

Rowan88
23-05-2010, 15:00
Yes they were on AUTO, so thats not the issue.

Do you know of a program people use that monitors the TCP to see if theres any conflicts on the port you use uTorrent with just to check?

vanman
23-05-2010, 17:55
try here http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest-mlab.php

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Results for your host (cpc3-duns6-2-0-cust248.9-3.cable.virginmedia.com - 213.
Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.
Is your download traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your downloads.
Details:
Download Failed (1) Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 3961 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 9709 Kbps.
Download Failed (1) Your ISP appears to rate limit downloads on port 59393. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 3961 Kbps while downloads on port 59393 achieved up to 10062 Kbps.

:banghead: