PDA

View Full Version : 50 MB Top Tap Fight

gary231178
22-05-2010, 00:21
I have been a vm customer since the ntlworld days, and have progreesed with the broadband through all the upgrades as they became available. From 1 meg right upto 50 meg.

Now despite all the normall routine maintenace issues etc, on the whole i have been pretty happy with my service untill recently.

I was the first customer in Luton to have 50 meg installed, and a big fuss was made. I had the regional manager and a team of techys and engineers in my house to watch the progress and instaltion. That must be nearly a year ago.

However in March this year i moved residence to a new addresse, still in Luton and same phone number exchange etc. My current subscription currently includes 50 meg broadband, 4 v boxes 1 of which is a v+ and my average bill comes in around £100 each month.

Now because of all the services i have, multi room boxes etc, I have been advised it is imperative that i am on the top tap to receive the most power to provide me with the services i pay for.

Now here comes the problem. In the last month, i have lost internet and all interactive services twice. I have had to wait for an engineer apointment, on average 3 days b4 i get an apointment. The last time was last Friday 14 th May. Engineer advised that i had been moved of the top tap to make way for a new install, and as a result i was not recieving enough power to power services. So due to Engineer error i suffered as a result. However he advised me that an Orange tag was applied to my cable so it would not happen again. (remember its happened twice in 1 month so far)

Now here is the icing on the cake. 10 Am this morning i fancied a mcdonalds, now im a bit of a farmville addict, so i wanted to nip to town and back in time to harvest my crops. On the way out, I noticed an engineer in the cabinet outside (which is about 2 doors up from my house) I didnt batter an eye lid, after all i was promised the Orange tag would see that i am alright.

11.15 am I return home to harvest my farmville crops (on facebook), i refreshed the page and oh no, could not connect to server. I look at the modem and see the ready light flashing on/off I do the normall reboot procedure expecting modem to come back on. Unfortunately it was not to happen, was this history repeating itself again? I call in to VM 50 meg support, im told that my modem is receiven very low power levels, and as a result i would need an engineer visit. Ah no problem i said, an engineer was in the area 1 hour ago, call him up on his mobile, tell him he has caused an issue as a result of work he carried out in the cabinet, and ask him to come back and rectify. After all, if you call a plumber out, and he causes a leak, you call him out he would come back (same day) wouldn't he? VM operator responds, sorry unfortunately we can't do that, the earliest apointment we can offer you is Monday between 4 & 7. Obviously i explain the issues im facing regarding enginner error, and im told that the issue is the road im on is over subscribed. So if u know the area is over subscribed, why add another customer to the cabinet today causing my internet to outage? Maybe his £20.00 monthly payment as a new customer is more importnant than a 7 year + £100 a month customer.

Seriously VM is this the best way to treat your ling term customers? and the reason you can't send an engineer back to fix his mistakes is because what? A simple call to Bar** **scombe the regional manager for Luton and he could have sent an engineer back at the drop of the hat to fix the issue. Instead you are allowing your enginners to continue on as b4 with not an eyelid battered.

I must remember that the next time my bill is due, pay only half the bill, and the rest when i feel like it or a few days later.!!

Gary

jb66
22-05-2010, 11:12
The orange tag should have done the trick, as a short term fix could you temp remove a splitter?