PDA

View Full Version : upgrade from 10 to 20

vconfused
19-05-2010, 14:25
Getting really annoyed with traffic management so was thinking about the an upgrade from 10Mbs to 20Mbs to be honest I can't work out how much it would cost the upgrade page says it would cost me £37pm wtf!

here are the facts

- I have been with ntl/virgin for at least 5 years
- I was on 4Mb then I got auto upgraded to 10Mb (which I am on now)
- I pay £25 a month (need to setup direct debit)
- I have an ambit 200 modem
- I don't need a router
- I have no phone line and don't want one

Can any kind soul tell me how to get 20Mbps as cheaply as possible from this situation don't want to call indian customer service unless I have to as they don't know anything and it costs a fourtune.

BenMcr
19-05-2010, 15:30
If you are upgrading to BB XL and have no other services it should cost you £30 a month when on D/D and e-bill

This would show on the bill as £37 - £7 saving.

Best option at the moment is to phone customer services to make sure you get the best price

DVD Cinema
20-05-2010, 00:47
What's the lowest speed 20MB is likely to go down to when busy?

My 10MB dives down to 600kbps.

Chrysalis
20-05-2010, 01:16
dvd cinema there is no low limit, if you unlucky to be in a serverely congested area it can go to very low speeds.

is hard to predict how it would pan out for you because I have heard of many people going from 10 to 20meg and they have different performance between the 2, usually 10mbit been the better performer. On the other hand its possible the 20mbit will be perfect even tho your 10mbit has slowdowns as may be on the overlay network.

vconfused
20-05-2010, 16:03
ok thanks for replies 30 quid still to steep for me will phone anyway

NTLWASBETTER
21-05-2010, 08:36
uhh youre already paying £25 for 10mb... thats what u shud be worried about. it was clever on VM to drop all the prices, but to keep there loyal customers on the old higher priced tarrifs.

at one point there was two types of 10mb, the £25 10mb, and the 2mb ppl who got a 10mb upgrade for free but kept the 2mb price which about £17 iirc. that was another brilliant idea by VM.

the pricing structure is just a web of confussion. everybody should pay the same price accross the board. ringing VM for a package should be like walking into McDonalds and choosinging a happy meal. no matter which branch or employee u go to in the country everyone will be charging the same.

instead ringing vm for a package is like going to marakesh looking to buy a ****ing morrocon rug. its all bartering and bull***** from them, and some people get conned, others get a cracking deal.

danlufan
21-05-2010, 14:42
I suggest calling the sales team in UK working hours, keep calling until you get someone who sounds like they know what they are talking about and actually want to make a sale. Also it is good to note you may move to Sky, as they hate losing customers to them.

It took me 4 attempts recently to get through to someone decent, if he calls me back i will try and get you his offices direct dial.