PDA

View Full Version : Removing the cable

thestand
18-05-2010, 21:40
Hi there - I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding removing a prior installation.

When I moved into my house 7 years ago I had NTL cable installed in an upstairs bedroom to supply a PC with broadband. Now, that bedroom is soon to be a nursery and I wish to remove the cable. It come through the wall and is attached to a Qamtex splitter which itself is housed in a large white plastic box on the wall. I have removed the box and was wondering if it is safe to remove the Qamtex splitter and stuff the cable back into the wall or do I need to do something to it first?

I have no idea whether the cable would pose an electrical hazard or not? I don't want to have a large NTL box on the wall of my baby's bedroom but obviously don't want to do anything stupid...

speedfreak
18-05-2010, 22:25
Hi there - I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding removing a prior installation.

When I moved into my house 7 years ago I had NTL cable installed in an upstairs bedroom to supply a PC with broadband. Now, that bedroom is soon to be a nursery and I wish to remove the cable. It come through the wall and is attached to a Qamtex splitter which itself is housed in a large white plastic box on the wall. I have removed the box and was wondering if it is safe to remove the Qamtex splitter and stuff the cable back into the wall or do I need to do something to it first?

I have no idea whether the cable would pose an electrical hazard or not? I don't want to have a large NTL box on the wall of my baby's bedroom but obviously don't want to do anything stupid...

No risk whatsoever, just think of it as an old ariel to a tv:) theres no voltage in it

thestand
18-05-2010, 23:57
That's great - thanks :-)

Lord Nikon
19-05-2010, 00:57
Umm remember to disconnect the other end in the omnibox though or any partial short on the end in the wall could cause interference on the network.