PDA

View Full Version : Happy with my connection, thank you.

nutellajunkie
07-05-2010, 14:45
I just wanted to say thank you to Virgin media, for providing me with a 10MB connection, that indeed does stay at 10MB most of the time I require it. Even at supposed busy/peak times. I for one am grateful for a service I pay for, and fully satisfied that it does what it says on the their terms & conditions.

Patience is virtue, look where we are now, this time a decade ago we were lucky to be on a 56k connection, maybe soon, our upload will match that :P

Cheers Virgin Media.

mjpartyboy
07-05-2010, 18:47
I'm pleased for you and wish we consistently got near this speed. How would you feel if some nights you weren't even getting 1 MB down on the 10 MB package?

broadbandking
07-05-2010, 18:56
Most people are happy with the connections and you only mainly get people on here who do have problems, so it nice every now and then we get a thread saying how happy they are, I for one am very pleased with my connection, had a issue when I was on 20Mb for a while but was sorted, 50Mb has been a dream always get top speeds and low pings.

Ignitionnet
07-05-2010, 19:04
I have to wonder when just receiving the service you pay for became so worthy of applause and thanks?

martyh
07-05-2010, 19:07
I have to wonder when just receiving the service you pay for became so worthy of applause and thanks?

about 13 yrs ago ;)

broadbandking
07-05-2010, 19:21

Its more of a well done to VM that they are doing a good job and delievering the OP a good connection as they say and have sold to the OP.

Ignitionnet
07-05-2010, 19:25
Its more of a well done to VM that they are doing a good job and delievering the OP a good connection as they say and have sold to the OP.

Must phone my gas supplier, they're doing a fabulous job of delivering gas to me. Electricity too actually, wonderful.

It's a utility, receiving what you pay for should really be par for the course. Any broadband supplier that has failed to deliver what they claim to has lost me as a customer fairly rapidly :)

Glad it got toned down from the original post which read like it was purely to wind people with poor services up though.

Raistlin
07-05-2010, 19:25

I have to wonder when it suddenly became such a problem to show appreciation for, or provide positive feedback on, a service that you're receiving that you're happy with whether you're paying for it or it's free.

Other people post occasionally to say they're happy, will you be questioning their motives too? I actually quite appreciate the service that O2 give me, should I open a thread to say so just so that you can ask me why I've opened it?

Ignitionnet
07-05-2010, 19:27
You know as well as I do what the initial intent of this thread was before it got toned down - it was a troll thread plain and simple.

As a reminder the original title was 'Dear moaners, this is a thank you to Virgin Media' and it included such charms as thanking Virgin for traffic management and paragraphs of waffle aimed at winding up people with substandard services.

My actual query was why it is so noteworthy to receive what you pay for - this should be what we all expect and demand, not an exception and it's a shame that it is noteworthy.

Raistlin
07-05-2010, 19:29
You (presumably) get paid to do a job.

Do you object to your employer telling you how well you've done it?

Ignitionnet
07-05-2010, 19:31
You (presumably) get paid to do a job.

Do you object to your employer telling you how well you've done it?

I receive praise when I perform exceptionally, to perform as expected is what I'm paid to do and no praise is required or needed.

If expectations are so low that a service performing as advertised is noteworthy that's a shame.

You presumably get paid to do a job, do you expect to be thanked for showing up in the morning?

broadbandking
07-05-2010, 19:32
Whilst I understand that its a utility is still nice that you can voice your views on that company is giving you good service, these type of things help other customers decide if they should use that company, or are reviews not a good idea in your eyes.

For example there is a review on say British Gas - stating they are a good company fix times are good and little down time, people would read that and think wow they seem good I will use that company.

Ignitionnet you do seem to have a little gripe with someone been happy with their Virgin connection, whilst you seem a nice chap and very knowledgable on subject, why attack the OP if you didn't like his thread don't post in it and ingore the thread, sorry to sound harsh but no need to add negative attuitude to a postive thread.

Raistlin
07-05-2010, 19:34
Given the generally poor state of affairs that we normally hear from VM customers you could argue that to receive a decent quality service *is* exceptional.

Digital Fanatic
07-05-2010, 19:35
You know as well as I do what the initial intent of this thread was before it got toned down - it was a troll thread plain and simple.

As a reminder the original title was 'Dear moaners, this is a thank you to Virgin Media' and it included such charms as thanking Virgin for traffic management and paragraphs of waffle aimed at winding up people with substandard services.

My actual query was why it is so noteworthy to receive what you pay for - this should be what we all expect and demand, not an exception and it's a shame that it is noteworthy.

I suppose because it's a help site and we are usually reading and dealing with faults. It's nice to read a good customer experience.

:)

Ignitionnet
07-05-2010, 19:42
To be honest it's the care that customers receive through this forum from staff that is exceptional. Companies distinguish themselves with how they react when things go wrong which all too often for VM seems to be a sticky point.

Working as advertised is just par for the course.

Peter_
07-05-2010, 19:47
I personally have been a customer for over 15 years and have never had any major issue, I may had chopped my cable twice but it was dealt with quickly and with no hassle or cost involved.

I have broadband, television and phone and all works fine.

I have worked for them for 2.5 years so the above has not be swayed by being an employee, but the discounts were nice.;)

apb27
08-05-2010, 13:16
i will like to add to this as well, im finally getting 50mb speeds
almost all of the time, which is pretty great. thanks

Maggy
08-05-2010, 15:01
I receive praise when I perform exceptionally, to perform as expected is what I'm paid to do and no praise is required or needed.

If expectations are so low that a service performing as advertised is noteworthy that's a shame.

You presumably get paid to do a job, do you expect to be thanked for showing up in the morning?

Yes! I expect to be praised for when I do my job well,just as I expect to be told when I'm not...Stick and carrot are the two ways in which we learn and improve.If you just get stick then you get to the point of 'why bother',whereas a bit of carrot occasionally gives you a reason for turning up in the morning.

Ignitionnet
08-05-2010, 16:31
Yes! I expect to be praised for when I do my job well,just as I expect to be told when I'm not...Stick and carrot are the two ways in which we learn and improve.If you just get stick then you get to the point of 'why bother',whereas a bit of carrot occasionally gives you a reason for turning up in the morning.

Ah re-read please: I specifically discussed getting praise for performing exceptionally, or well if you like. My point was not expecting praise for doing nothing praise worthy, such as what is required and nothing more.

From your quote of me:

roughbeast
14-05-2010, 11:48
I would suggest that most people are very satisfied with their service from VM, unless they are on copper. We mostly only get to hear of problems here. I think it is a nice gesture to go against the usual tone of this forum and to thank VM.

I have been with VM since they first brought out 20Mb. Here is today's result.

Download Failed (1) (http://www.speedtest.net)

My average is 50.19Mb