PDA

View Full Version : Can you connect a wireless router to the V+ set top box?

cogoni
07-05-2010, 08:41
i have a v+ set top box and i want to connect a wireless router to it, since it has a ethernet port at the back, i called virgin yesterday and they said it wasnt since "im not a wireless customer" huh? is that right?
why is it that you can have a broadband internet account and connect to a cable modem, but you can connect it to the settop box which uses the same connection. its silly.

pip08456
07-05-2010, 09:57
Set top boxes are no longer used for internet connections.

pigpen
07-05-2010, 16:26
In a word: No.

The ethernet connection on the V+ doesn't do anything.

Peter_
07-05-2010, 16:29
i have a v+ set top box and i want to connect a wireless router to it, since it has a ethernet port at the back, i called virgin yesterday and they said it wasnt since "im not a wireless customer" huh? is that right?
why is it that you can have a broadband internet account and connect to a cable modem, but you can connect it to the settop box which uses the same connection. its silly.
The Ethernet and USB ports are disabled on the V+, but you can use the USB as a mobile charging port if you have the relevant cable.

If you want wireless then you must connect a cable router into the modem this can be a Virginmedia supplied router or one of your own.