PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to keep BB but...

otguk
05-05-2010, 12:48
Hi, have no job at the moment so have to cut back on services.

Rang today and cancelled TV/Phone but wanted to keep BB. Was on VIP and was hoping to get a good price.

Was told £25 for 10meg.... been with virgin for years, so was hoping to get a loyalty discount of something.

Do virgin do anything slower then 10meg?

Anyone have a better deal/link/person to talk/see/mail for me?

Regards OtgUK.

Edit;
Only wanted BB no phone line, that can be done right?

MovedGoalPosts
05-05-2010, 13:06
10meg is the slowest speed now offered.

If you don't want a phone line then it should cost £20.00 per month according to http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/compare.html

But that assumes you are out of your minimum contract period.

Peter_
05-05-2010, 13:33
If you are still connected and you need to reduce due to monetary problems you could always enquire about going down to S 2Mb which is a pretty basic package which is fine for emailing and general browsing but no good for downloading due to traffic management.

This usually used as retention tool as it is not an advertised package but the price may not be that different to 10Mb..

I would call back and choose the option "Thinking of leaving us" and ask about the price of this package.

otguk
05-05-2010, 21:31
10meg is the slowest speed now offered.

If you don't want a phone line then it should cost £20.00 per month according to http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/compare.html

But that assumes you are out of your minimum contract period.

Would I not get a loyalty discount?

If you are still connected and you need to reduce due to monetary problems you could always enquire about going down to S 2Mb which is a pretty basic package which is fine for emailing and general browsing but no good for downloading due to traffic management.

This usually used as retention tool as it is not an advertised package but the price may not be that different to 10Mb..

I would call back and choose the option "Thinking of leaving us" and ask about the price of this package.

Choose that option first time around when I cancelled everything (June 14th).... need BB just might have to be with another slower company?

Lets see what the morning brings.

Thanks for replies.

Andrewcrawford23
05-05-2010, 21:45
Would I not get a loyalty discount?

Choose that option first time around when I cancelled everything (June 14th).... need BB just might have to be with another slower company?

Lets see what the morning brings.

Thanks for replies.

To be honest your best way might be to cancel your services and sign up with one of the deals onlien it might wokr out cheaper for you

Oh if you decide to go the adsl route be warned you will need to get bt lien about £11 and then you need to get the broadband which i think starts at about 8-15 depending on teh company not to sure as i wont entertain adsl, cable or fttc maybe adsl 2+ for me

Peter_
05-05-2010, 22:04
To be honest your best way might be to cancel your services and sign up with one of the deals onlien it might wokr out cheaper for you

Virginmedia will not let him sign up for 6 months if he has cancelled his service.;)

Andrewcrawford23
05-05-2010, 22:37
Virginmedia will not let him sign up for 6 months if he has cancelled his service.;)
oooo well someone should tell relation that had a similar call today but the cust wanted to do it not i suyggest it

oh well OP seems you cant do that so you have the option of adsl the way i said above or teh deal offered you might get better deal but you nevr know

Peter_
05-05-2010, 22:40
oooo well someone should tell relation that had a similar call today but the cust wanted to do it not i suyggest it

oh well OP seems you cant do that so you have the option of adsl the way i said above or teh deal offered you might get better deal but you nevr know
They say that it is no longer possible because lots of customers used to do it to try and get a better deal which obviously cost the business money so they placed a 6 month cap on reconnecting the same person with a couple of other little hurdles in place as well.;)

No idea how successful it has been but that is what is supposed to happen, so we always tell customers that.;)

Andrewcrawford23
05-05-2010, 22:42
They say that it is no longer possible because lots of customers used to do it to try and get a better deal which obviously cost the business money so they placed a 6 month cap on reconnecting the same person with a couple of other little hurdles in place as well.;)

No idea how successful it has been but that is what is supposed to happen, so we always tell customers that.;)
cool with me sounds a better option to be honest as you say peopel would use that way to get better deal meaning cojmpnahy doesnt make the best profit

Peter_
05-05-2010, 22:44
cool with me sounds a better option to be honest as you say peopel would use that way to get better deal meaning cojmpnahy doesnt make the best profit
That is the way they say it works, but in practice with Retentions who knows.;)

Griffin
06-05-2010, 13:31
Last time i went to leave vm phoned me up & offered me the phone & 20mb bb for £20pm if i signed a new 12 month contract. Perhaps it helps that i also have a bt line that can be activated free at this address so its no hassle to switch for a better deal anytime. Always pays to keep your options open without burning your bridges by canceling.

BexTech
06-05-2010, 15:06
Twice I've gone to leave VM and got a great retention deal, this last one is supposed to be for life, though costs have increased twice in-line with the last two increases!

Chrysalis
06-05-2010, 19:17
perhaps a better way for VM to avoid issues with customers resigning up to get offers is to have no new customer offers?

everyone pays the same (unless faulty service) and as such existing customers dont feel hard done by.