PDA

View Full Version : virgin exntl ntlhome 200 connection issues

rawiswar
05-05-2010, 11:36
hello my modem has been losing connection for the past month or so it is a ntl home 200

it will lose connection then regain a few minutes later it will also lose connection for longer periods and last sunday it was out all day

the ready light just flashes constantly when it loses connection

is this a problem with virgin media there end?

i am in the notts derby area

i use a belkin wireless g router but i still get the problem when the modem is connected straight to the pc

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Frequency : 402750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Interleave Depth : 32
Downstream Receive Power Level : 11.0 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 30.4 dB

Upstream Channel ID : 2
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 44.50 dBmV
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency : 29200000 Hz
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

thank you

Ben B
05-05-2010, 13:55
:welcome:

Your downstream power level is quite high and the ntl: 200 is quite old so I would suspect you would need an engineer to fix the power levels and replace your modem possibly.

Ben :)

rawiswar
05-05-2010, 15:21
ok thank you i have been reading that virgin went down around derby for a lot so was hoping it was there end

i have been wanting virgin to give me a new modem for a while now but you know how they can be lol

how would i go about bringing the downstream power down myself?

i may just cancel with virgin and either go else where or sign up as a new customer with virgin get a new modem etc that way

Peter_
05-05-2010, 15:41
ok thank you i have been reading that virgin went down around derby for a lot so was hoping it was there end

i have been wanting virgin to give me a new modem for a while now but you know how they can be lol

how would i go about bringing the downstream power down myself?

i may just cancel with virgin and either go else where or sign up as a new customer with virgin get a new modem etc that way
If you cancel your contract then you cannot resign for 6 months.;)

You need a technician to check out your connection as it is not an issue that you are able to fix yourself, the downstream is to and the SNR is borderline to low.

Call support on 151 from a Virgin phone line or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone and let them check your connection.