PDA

View Full Version : Moving with XL-BB

Spectato
29-04-2010, 18:56
Hey all!

If I'm moving to a property that's already had a broadband installation (Telewest), can I just take my existing VM modem and coax and perform a self-install (via phone)?

Also...
If I have an existing phone (landline) contract with VM but the new property doesn't have phone cabling, and let's say the owner of the property won't allow further installation, will that contract just expire, or do VM have some sub-policy for this occurrence involving huge quantities of cash being forked out? :erm:

pip08456
29-04-2010, 22:38
Self install should be possible over the phone and cpould be arranged when you inform them you are moving.

As regards the phone like I should imagine the cable is already to the property

Spectato
30-04-2010, 00:03
Self install should be possible over the phone and could be arranged when you inform them you are moving.
Thanks.
Just trying to get some idea of what to expect.
Should be getting the keys for the new place tomorrow, will then phone VM for some customer service line fun. ;)
Don't know how many hours I can last without Internet!

I think the only phone socket in there is a BT jobby.
I'll have a look at the wiring on the outside tomorrow.

pip08456
30-04-2010, 00:14
Thanks.
Just trying to get some idea of what to expect.
Should be getting the keys for the new place tomorrow, will then phone VM for some customer service line fun. ;)
Don't know how many hours I can last without Internet!

I think the only phone socket in there is a BT jobby.
I'll have a look at the wiring on the outside tomorrow.

The cable pull through from the cab is normally a dual coax/phone line. I don't see the need or reason for it to be any different in your case. Although there may not be a phone socket in the property I would've thought the cabling would be in place. You may need the phone socket fitting though.

Spectato
30-04-2010, 19:26
It does have both BT and VM phone sockets (on opposite sides of the property).
Looks like we're stuck with the VM phone for now. :sniper: