PDA

View Full Version : F001105016 Very severe problems

Craig_M
28-04-2010, 16:40
I am on the 50mb virgin media broadband and every single evening i will get t3 timeouts and then the connection drops. Resetting the modem or releasing/renewing the ip will give me a connection for about 5 minutes before it drops again. this is a nightmare because i mostly use my connection for online gaming, and it is unusable every evening due to lag spikes and disconnects. Does anyone know what virgin are doing to resolve this as i know it is a very widespread national problem.

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 16:45
They are working on it but its been a struggle and has been going on for ages. Have you seen the thread on VMs support forum? Id post a link but im surfin on my phone

Craig_M
28-04-2010, 16:46
yes ive also posted in there. the people on phone support seem to have no idea when it will be resolved and basically told me the only way to get a solid connection would be to drop to 20mb until it is fixed. yet they still continue to sign people up to the 50mb. i find it disgraceful if im honest.

Peter_
28-04-2010, 16:50
yes ive also posted in there. the people on phone support seem to have no idea when it will be resolved and basically told me the only way to get a solid connection would be to drop to 20mb until it is fixed. yet they still continue to sign people up to the 50mb. i find it disgraceful if im honest.
Where do you live?

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 16:52
I agree.
They dont have a date for the fix, there was a recent code update but mine was still the same. Ive dropped to the 20Mb which will be ok for me so long as I dont hit the traffic management limit. I had to have a different modem sent to me to make sure I wasnt kept on the problem side of things.

Craig_M
28-04-2010, 16:57
i live in liverpool L36 and have had the problem since April 12th, about a week after i had the 50mb installed.

Peter_
28-04-2010, 17:02
i live in liverpool L36 and have had the problem since April 12th, about a week after i had the 50mb installed.
Well that fault number has nothing whatsoever to do with your area as that is an Edinburgh issue.

Craig_M
28-04-2010, 17:03
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/F001105016-post-here/td-p/28874

thats is the fault number given to the t3 timeouts related to the motorola servers and the modem virgin uses for 50mb. apparently its a nationwide problem thats been going on for months

Peter_
28-04-2010, 17:13
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/F001105016-post-here/td-p/28874

thats is the fault number given to the t3 timeouts related to the motorola servers and the modem virgin uses for 50mb. apparently its a nationwide problem thats been going on for months
Well if you look under my avatar and at my sig you will see why I said otherwise as I have checked that fault number.;)

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 17:14
Well that fault number has nothing whatsoever to do with your area as that is an Edinburgh issue.

Ive seen this mentioned a few times, it is a national issue and thats the fault ref. I was given the same ref in Preston. Everyone with the moto issue gets given that code, cant remember why now but I do remember Edinburgh being mentioned. Infact it may have been you replying to welshchris a while ago that mentioned Edinburgh, I have an awful memory :dunce:

Masque if you can see the ticket cant you see people outside of Edinburgh on the fault ticket? Thats the number 2nd line give out

Its slightly worrying that you work in 50Mb support but you're saying that fault ticket isnt the right one, either you or 2nd line are wrong :D

Peter_
28-04-2010, 17:25
Ive seen this mentioned a few times, it is a national issue and thats the fault ref. I was given the same ref in Preston. Everyone with the moto issue gets given that code, cant remember why now but I do remember Edinburgh being mentioned. Infact it may have been you replying to welshchris a while ago that mentioned Edinburgh, I have an awful memory :dunce:

Masque if you can see the ticket cant you see people outside of Edinburgh on the fault ticket? Thats the number 2nd line give out

Its slightly worrying that you work in 50Mb support but you're saying that fault ticket isnt the right one, either you or 2nd line are wrong :D

It is an Edinburgh issue and does not mention any other areas.

Craig_M
28-04-2010, 17:30
on the virgin media community forum there are people from all over the country reporting that fault number, even the staff on the forum give that number to people when they show the modem event logs with the t3 timeouts etc on. maybe this is why the people on the phone have no idea whats going on. we dont get updated as to what virgin are doing to resolve the problem yet im sure there will be a nice bill on my doormat at the end of the month.

Peter_
28-04-2010, 17:35
on the virgin media community forum there are people from all over the country reporting that fault number, even the staff on the forum give that number to people when they show the modem event logs with the t3 timeouts etc on. maybe this is why the people on the phone have no idea whats going on. we dont get updated as to what virgin are doing to resolve the problem yet im sure there will be a nice bill on my doormat at the end of the month.
The fault only mentions Edinburgh and no where else so unaware as to why they would say otherwise.

I can find no equivalent faults in the Liverpool area either.

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 17:43
sounds like something you will have to question over on VM's forum about the fault ticket Craig

Peter_
28-04-2010, 17:48
I just found some more information out it is the same ticket but been re opened with the Edinburgh ones, it is a national issue but information not easily found.

Sorry for that guys but the community forum is correct.

I wish they had made it a bit clearer as it helps when checking for issues.

Digital Fanatic
28-04-2010, 17:55
The fault only mentions Edinburgh and no where else so unaware as to why they would say otherwise.

I can find no equivalent faults in the Liverpool area either.

There may be a possibility of that ticket being a "master" ticket and have other tickets linked to it, but if Masque has checked and can't see any other open tickets for Liverpool/Knowsley then it's unlikely.

I'm currently out of the office for a few days, so can't check Remedy to see myself.

EDIT: Masque has confirmed it is a master ticket :tu:

Craig_M
28-04-2010, 17:57
does it say anything about a time frame for how long this will continue? or what virgin are doing to resolve it?

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 18:16

No need to say sorry, thanks for confirming it and posting back. Like you say they could have made it clearer for you guys, hopefully you will feed this info back to the team you work with so that theres no confusion when customers ring for an update :) saves you dealing with irate customers :)

Craig all I've been told is they have put a laptop in a customers house thats affected and are continually testing and trying to write new code to fix it. A solution COULD be weeks away but given how long its been going on for dont get your hopes up :p: Rest assured though they are on the case as a high priority :) The lack of feedback over on VM's forum over this is annoying though

Peter_
28-04-2010, 18:26
I can find no timeframe just in a small section about the issue elsewhere.

I would not have found though if you 2 had not posted in this thread.

Andrewcrawford23
28-04-2010, 18:35
I just found some more information out it is the same ticket but been re opened with the Edinburgh ones, it is a national issue but information not easily found.

yeah they need ot get ticket linking sorted it a pain, i get with tickets numebrs and i have to track down teh original all the time to get the info

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 18:36
just in a small section about the issue elsewhere.

OK scrap the bit I said about high priority LOL :D :p:

Peter_
28-04-2010, 18:49
OK scrap the bit I said about high priority LOL :D :p:
It has plenty of info but not where you would expect.

Pantsu-san
28-04-2010, 18:54
It has plenty of info

Would you mind sharing some info then please? Nobody will be open with affected customers about any updates that are happening. For a fault that's been crippling people's supposedly premium service for over a year then that's pretty outrageous behaviour. Especially when VM continue to take full fees from their 50Mb beta testers.

Or has there been some mandate from the senior management that this problem is not to be discussed with customers?

Peter_
28-04-2010, 19:14
Would you mind sharing some info then please? Nobody will be open with affected customers about any updates that are happening. For a fault that's been crippling people's supposedly premium service for over a year then that's pretty outrageous behaviour. Especially when VM continue to take full fees from their 50Mb beta testers.

Or has there been some mandate from the senior management that this problem is not to be discussed with customers?
It is the same information as they have on the community forum, whatever is posted there is the latest information.

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 19:20
It has plenty of info but not where you would expect.

I was only messing mate :) It was funny in my own mind lol

The info Ive posted has come from the CEO's office, Id doubt if you could get any better updates as thats all they are saying at the moment

Pantsu-san
28-04-2010, 19:22
It is the same information as they have on the community forum, whatever is posted there is the latest information.

Well, I've never felt more updated in my entire life. Really. I fell out of my chair with the level of information that projected out of my monitor. It was like a 'as-it-happens' news phaser beaming protons through my entire DNA structure. What a rush!

I wonder if CISAS (http://www.cisas.org.uk/) will consider an additional claim for personal injury?

Peter_
28-04-2010, 19:22
I was only messing mate :) It was funny in my own mind lol

The info Ive posted has come from the CEO's office, Id doubt if you could get any better updates as thats all they are saying at the moment
They will be able to see what I see but at least you can post that information, I cannot and would not print anything more than is freely available on the community forum.

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 19:26
They will be able to see what I see but at least you can post that information, I cannot and would not print anything more than is freely available on the community forum.

Arrgh dont say that! You're making me think maybe I shouldnt have shared the info, dont want to pee off my favourite VM guy though he never said not to mention it. Oh well i try to use my sense and I dont post every little thing hes told me :D

Andrewcrawford23
28-04-2010, 19:35

there no mandate it depends on the agent personnal i give all information available regardless if it bad ot virgin as the customer is the one payign for hte service so has right to know thy wont get what they pay for x amount of time, however if the customer is nasty or abusive i just tell them there a fault and it being worked on

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Arrgh dont say that! You're making me think maybe I shouldnt have shared the info, dont want to pee off my favourite VM guy though he never said not to mention it. Oh well i try to use my sense and I dont post every little thing hes told me :D
masque is right he can post excately what is in it, he could possible summarise adn say that there workign on replace or ugprade this and it will eb hope to fix for then but not much mroe than that

Craig_M
28-04-2010, 19:54
i have just downgraded to the 20mb service until the problem is resolved. can anyone tell me, i am currently still using the modem that was supplied when i upgraded to the 50mb, will the problem still persist even though i am on the 20mb because i am using this modem? to my understanding the 20mb uses different servers that are not affected?

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 20:05
masque is right he can post excately what is in it, he could possible summarise adn say that there workign on replace or ugprade this and it will eb hope to fix for then but not much mroe than that

If you meant cant then yep I agree, he isn't some cable forum spy sent in to infiltrate and post intelligence lol I dont know what info people expect him to post other than what VM support have already provided, he works for VM and helps out on here in his own time, sarcastic replies to him help nobody, all there is to say about this fault is VM are doing all they can do, its not as easy as them just fixing it, it sounds like theres alot involved and they have to work with and push motorola towards a fix. Complain to who you want it wont get resolved any quicker.

Believe me I'm as pee'd off as anyone and have a large thread moaning on here but its just broadband. I'm always polite with them its not like they are out to get you, they want happy customers. If it bothers you that much ask to be put on 20Mb and pay for 20Mb.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

i have just downgraded to the 20mb service until the problem is resolved. can anyone tell me, i am currently still using the modem that was supplied when i upgraded to the 50mb, will the problem still persist even though i am on the 20mb because i am using this modem? to my understanding the 20mb uses different servers that are not affected?

I needed a different modem as the 50Mb modem still locks on to the DOCSIS3 network. ask them to post you one, no tech visit required but ring when you connect it up to make sure its done right. Thats assuming mine isn't a unique case :)

Pantsu-san
28-04-2010, 20:14
they want happy customers.

Sooner or later the penny will drop : they only want you to keep paying them money every month.

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 20:16
[QUOTE=speedfreak;35009726]they want happy customers.[COLOR="Silver"]

Sooner or later the penny will drop : they only want you to keep paying them money every month.

Oh how wrong you are and thats all I'm going to say ;):D Though of course they want money each month they are a business , disgruntled customers arent what they want. 4th month with a fault since install but like I say its only broadband and it will get fixed. Leave or downgrade is my advice.

Lighten up they are working on it, could be worse at least they acknowledge a problem, some companies I've paid for services would deny everything

Pantsu-san
28-04-2010, 20:25
Oh how wrong you are and thats all I'm going to say ;):D

I think you misunderstood my reply.

"Sooner or later the penny will drop : they only want you to keep paying them money every month."

is very different to

"Sooner or later the penny will drop : they only want you to keep paying them money every month."

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 20:32
I think you misunderstood my reply.

is very different to

nope its wasted on me, probably not your fault, I'm warming up for my b'day tomorrow with some drinks :D I've had my say its time for some ps3 action I'll leave you all to it, no hard feelings, just my view etc etc etc :angel: sorry for the mini thread hijack

Pantsu-san
28-04-2010, 20:57
/Agree. I'm done also. Happy birthday for tomorrow. Don't forget the painkillers. Oh, and I hope you're not playing your PS3 online ;p

Peter_
28-04-2010, 21:50
Well, I've never felt more updated in my entire life. Really. I fell out of my chair with the level of information that projected out of my monitor. It was like a 'as-it-happens' news phaser beaming protons through my entire DNA structure. What a rush!

I wonder if CISAS (http://www.cisas.org.uk/) will consider an additional claim for personal injury?
You can only have information that is freely available as any other information may be business sensitive and therefore is unable to be posted on a Public Forum and you would find that the moderating team would very quickly remove such information.

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 21:55
/Agree. I'm done also. Happy birthday for tomorrow. Don't forget the painkillers. Oh, and I hope you're not playing your PS3 online ;p

haha thanks mate, I was but after thinking it was better it was worse, ever tried sprinting up an open sided staircase with lag it aint fun! so back to 50Mb for me next week:D

Sephiroth
28-04-2010, 23:18
haha thanks mate, I was but after thinking it was better it was worse, ever tried sprinting up an open sided staircase with lag it aint fun! so back to 50Mb for me next week:D
So we'll see you again then! Bet you the CEO's office won't be rockin' after a while!

My tuppence worth is to get the old modem back and do away with bonded channels and see if you get your 20 meg. You might not but the situation will be much clearer IMO.

Ignitionnet
28-04-2010, 23:34
So we'll see you again then! Bet you the CEO's office won't be rockin' after a while!

My tuppence worth is to get the old modem back and do away with bonded channels and see if you get your 20 meg. You might not but the situation will be much clearer IMO.

Can't happen I'm afraid, no configuration exists to use DOCSIS 3 modems without bonding and even then it'd make no difference from the current set up which will almost certainly be the 20Mbit modem locking on to one of the D3 channels. We'll confirm that from the other thread. :)

Even if not bonding a D3 enabled modem will go onto the overlay network, the legacy network is configured to push D3 modems to a retune channel if they lock onto it.

speedfreak
28-04-2010, 23:53
Can't happen I'm afraid, no configuration exists to use DOCSIS 3 modems without bonding and even then it'd make no difference from the current set up which will almost certainly be the 20Mbit modem locking on to one of the D3 channels. We'll confirm that from the other thread. :)

Even if not bonding a D3 enabled modem will go onto the overlay network, the legacy network is configured to push D3 modems to a retune channel if they lock onto it.

one day , fingers crossed, you might post with good news! :D though I dont think I have a d3 modem I'll save it for my thread sorry craig