PDA

View Full Version : Ready light flashing, no internet SE9

phoenix__
22-04-2010, 21:20
Hi all,

From about 6:30 out Internet has been down, the ready light is slowly flashing. Ocasionally it flashed quickly and ocasionally the sync light flashes.

Does anyone know what the different flashes means, any anyone else in the area having problems?

Peter_
22-04-2010, 22:56
The modem is trying to lock on and if it continues you should call Tech Support on 151 from a Virgin phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone.

phoenix__
23-04-2010, 09:51
Thanks for your reply. I came downstairs this morning and all was working, however after a few minutes I lost all connectivity again.

The ready (and sync) lights were both on solid, I rebooted the modem and now the ready light is flashing again. I've got an engineer coming on Monday morning.

Do you think this could be a cable modem fault, or a problem within the network itself? We've had the service installed for just over a month, and haven't noticed any problems until now.

Peter_
23-04-2010, 10:05
Call up now and someone will check the connection for you

phoenix__
23-04-2010, 11:48
This did the test (when the service wasn't working) and concluded I needed an engineer.

The net is now working again, although I don't know how long it will last. I don't want to call them to check again because a) I'm at work, b) if they do the test and its all fine they might cancel the enginner even though there is still an intermittent problem.

Peter_
23-04-2010, 12:09
Keep the slot booked just in case.

phoenix__
26-04-2010, 13:34
Just to give a quick update (not that anyone cares), the engineer was supposed to come this morning - I've just called to find out where he is and the appointment got cancelled (about 2 hours after I reported it) because they have identified a fault with a cable that needs replacing (should be done by tomorrow).

I should have been told (but I wasn't), I took a days leave from work to be in - what are my chances getting compensation for 'loss of earnings' given it is their fault they didn't tell me?