PDA

View Full Version : Switching from national to cable at the same property

brigez
22-04-2010, 01:29
Hi, first post for me on this forum:erm: (colleague at work told me about this forum).

I've done a search through earlier posts, but didn't find any relevant topics to my problem, any way...............

virgin have been my isp for about 10 years using BT as my phone provider. I have been generally happy with my national broadband service for quite a while until recently when my kids seem to want to be on the web at the same time:(

As I'm in a cable area I arranged to be switched from national to cable, I got an installation date and a was told that my national account would be stopped and a cable account started on the day of installation. Mmm, the insallation didn't take place because when the engineer turned up he discovered that there was no "tee" into my proerty:mad:

You know what's coming next don't you:dunce: Virgin (national) disconnected my existing broadband account because the cable part of their business hadn't told them that the switch over had not been completed:mad:

I've managed to get a completion date that is the end of April and get a tempary broadband connection up until then, but it has taken hours of calls and being forwarded to all sorts of virgin depts (even got forwarded to their staff payroll dept), before I managed to get an idea of what was going to be done to help me.

Anyone had a similiar problem and how did you manage to get it fixed?

Many thanks in anticipation:)