PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal lines across tv screen on HDMI

robbeye
20-04-2010, 12:06
Hi everyone looking for an answer to this problem. I had a V+HD box installed with HD channels. But when the engineer tried the HD channels the picture was fine except there were streaky lines going horizontal across the screen. The engineeer tried anther box with the same results. I have a Sharp HD ready tv with one HDMI connection and this is the first time this HDMI port has been tried. The engineer left with the problem still on the tv. He said my tv is the problem. Can anyone shed any light on this as I would like to know if someones else has had this problem. Or could it be the signals from the V+HD box could cause this.

jb66
20-04-2010, 13:08
Horizontal lines could only be the tv or the box, he tried two boxes so its your tv

Digital Fanatic
20-04-2010, 17:23
Hi everyone looking for an answer to this problem. I had a V+HD box installed with HD channels. But when the engineer tried the HD channels the picture was fine except there were streaky lines going horizontal across the screen. The engineeer tried anther box with the same results. I have a Sharp HD ready tv with one HDMI connection and this is the first time this HDMI port has been tried. The engineer left with the problem still on the tv. He said my tv is the problem. Can anyone shed any light on this as I would like to know if someones else has had this problem. Or could it be the signals from the V+HD box could cause this.

Have you tried changing the settings between 1080 and 720? it does sound like the tv.. especially as the tech tried 2 boxes.

robbeye
20-04-2010, 19:40
Tried 1080 and 720 all the same but if I have HDMI on standard tv i.e widescreen composite or rgb it is fine only if I change to HiDef HDMI I get these lines.

speedfreak
20-04-2010, 20:06
i doubt you do with what you said but do you have another HD device you can try like a ps3 or perhaps know someone with one?

jb66
20-04-2010, 20:43
I'm not a tv snob but there was a particular sharp model that was on offer at pc world at Xmas where the tv flickered blue occasionaly when on hdmi. I've seen this twice and both were sharp and bought on special offer at pc world. I wish I knew the model number.

alex250
20-04-2010, 20:59

I've seen this before on two installs and both were fixed by fitting/changing the Isolator that should be fitted at the back of the tv

robbeye
21-04-2010, 16:46
What is an Isolator and where would I get one.

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

My tv is about 5years old

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

i doubt you do with what you said but do you have another HD device you can try like a ps3 or perhaps know someone with one?

No I don't have onother hdmi device.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

I have now noticed if I shut down my tv and V+HD box for a few hours and then switch them on to the Hidef Hdmi 720p. the picture starts off fine very clear, but within half an hour the streaks come back on gradually. Very freaky.

alex250
21-04-2010, 18:58
The isolator should be fitted by Virgin in your cable feed, it should be housed in a white plastic box which the V+ box lead screws into

robbeye
21-04-2010, 19:49
Thanks Alex will look into it.