PDA

View Full Version : Sync LED flashing, no internet, 255 Amibit

colmm
19-04-2010, 10:22
Hi all,

Hoping someone here might know the answer to this one, please.

When come home at 6, power on modem the Sync Light flashs and I have no internet. Normally Sync light is on all the time. If I reboot modem same thing happens. After about 90 seconds the Sync light will flash very quickly, like its trying to do something for about 3 seconds, then goes back to flashing every second.

If I leave it on for 2 hours with flashing Sync light, the Sync light will then stay on and my internet works fine again. I thought well 'I'll keep it on all the time', but when I come down in the morning. Sync light is flashing and no internet again.

I only use internet for browsing and gaming. I have rechecked all my cabling and they are 'in tight', nothing has changed in my setup.

Any ideas would be great.

C

Peter_
19-04-2010, 10:42
You need to call Tech Support when the issue occurs and do not reboot until an agent asks you to do so.

colmm
19-04-2010, 10:57
Thanks Masque. Will do this tonight. +REP for reply

colmm
21-04-2010, 12:26
Just an update, I called support
(orginal phone was an anolog phone so couldn't go threw the option to get threw to support, even tried hold 2 mobiles to phone hoping the tone would be heard, didn't work, so bought a NEW digital phone to get threw, welcome to the 90's me!!)
They said what Masque advised an a enginner is coming out on Saturday to test and replace the modem if needed.

Thanks again Masque
Will update on outcome next week.