PDA

View Full Version : Old webstar modem

DC_FC79
18-04-2010, 13:49
Ive had an old webstar modem lying around for a few months since i got a new modem from virgin but hat i want to know is can i just bin the webstar or do i have to recycle it

Kymmy
18-04-2010, 13:52
Contact VM and ask what they want you to do with it. If they don't want it back then just bin/recycle it (you just don't have any rights to sell it)

BadRobot
18-04-2010, 14:02
Legally any electrical equipment has to be disposed of in a safe manner, not just thrown in the bin. Your local recycling center will have a disposal unit for items like this.

Kymmy
18-04-2010, 14:04
Legally though it still belongs to VM and hence shouldn;t be dispossed off without their permission or at very least giving them 30 days notice of disposal

DC_FC79
18-04-2010, 14:10
Contact VM and ask what they want you to do with it. If they don't want it back then just bin/recycle it (you just don't have any rights to sell it)

i woudlnt sell it as i think its faulty hence why a new 1 was sent

Legally though it still belongs to VM and hence shouldn;t be dispossed off without their permission or at very least giving them 30 days notice of disposal

yes im aware its still they're property but i would have thought they(the tech support i spoke to) would have said dont throw the old 1 away but return it to us, ill give them a ring this week

thanks

Jon T
18-04-2010, 14:47
I'm 3 years out of the loop on this, but, if it's Virgin's property, then under the WEEE directive they are duty bound to either take it back or make provisions for it's recycleing.

*This MAY only apply to equipment provided after the WEEE directive came in, as I say it's 3 years since I had any dealings with this.

Peter_
18-04-2010, 20:11
If you have the facility in your neighbourhood or at the local dump then you can dispose of it there but before you do snap of the threaded coaxial connection.;)