PDA

View Full Version : Speed Issue In My Area

chambohambo
17-04-2010, 13:45
Is it possible anyone here can check my area to see if it’s oversubscribed or to see if there are any problems if I supple them with my postcode via pm?

Sephiroth
17-04-2010, 13:59
The only people who can check your area are from VM. The VM volunteers on this forum aren't gonna come back and say it's oversubscribed! They may check quietly and say it isn't if it isn't!

Why not tell us what's going wrong, post your stats & event log together with a pathping to www.bbc.co.uk?

I know it sounds like an offshore call centre to go through all this, but really there's no short circuit over a forum where you're sitting in front of the problem and we're possibly hundreds of miles away with no tools to access the VM guts.

Neil22
18-04-2010, 11:30
Is it possible anyone here can check my area to see if it’s oversubscribed or to see if there are any problems if I supple them with my postcode via pm?

My area is over subscribed, Virgin Media have told me themselves that it's over subscribed. I'm getting speeds today of 1.2MBPS on a 50 meg connection.

Ignitionnet
18-04-2010, 12:07

Use the official forum - http://community.virginmedia.com - it's manned by technical support staff.