PDA

View Full Version : Constant disconects for last 2years

seamonkey92
15-04-2010, 20:00
Hey for the last two years i have been getting discontented most of the time. To get the internet back up i have to go downstairs and reboot the router and modem manually.

whenever i leave my computer on a bit torrent client over night it is guranteed that when i get up in the morning that the internet has cut off over night and i have to go and manually reboot the modem and router again to get it working.

These are my power levels and other things

Cable Modem Downstream
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 0
Downstream Frequency : 403000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 5360.537 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4
Downstream Receive Power Level : 0.1 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 42.2 dB

Cable Modem Upstream
Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 4
Upstream Frequency : 29200000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 43.8 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Cable Modem Upstream Burst

Req

Init Maint

Per Maint

Short Data

Long Data

(1)

(3)

(4)

(5)

(6)
Modulation Type QPSK QPSK QPSK QPSK QPSK
Differential Encoding Off Off Off Off Off
Preamble Length 64 128 128 72 80
Preamble Value Offset 184 128 128 176 168
FEC Error Correction (T) 0 5 5 4 9
FEC Codeword Information Bytes (k) 16 34 34 76 236
Scrambler Seed 338 338 338 338 338
Maximum Burst Size 0 0 0 12 254
Guard Time Size 8 48 48 8 8
Last Codeword Length Fixed Fixed Fixed Short Short
Scrambler on/off On On On On On

Cable Modem Operation Configuration
Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Enabled

Time Not Established Time Not Established Error (4) ToD request sent- No Response received
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) The s/w filename specified in the config file is the same as ...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) A software upgrade filename was specified in the config file.
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Authorized
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Registration complete!
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) We registered with a DOCSIS 1.1 config file!
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Received a REG-RSP message from the CMTS...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Sending a REG-REQ to the CMTS...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) CableModem SNMP configure complete
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) IP init completed ok
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) CableModem TFTP init ok
Time Not Established Time Not Established Error (4) ToD request sent- No Response received
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) CableModem DHCP client init ok
Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Downstream sync ok
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Beginning initial ranging...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) downstream time sync acquired...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) starting ds time sync acquisition...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received
Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Beginning initial ranging...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) downstream time sync acquired...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) starting ds time sync acquisition...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Locked on the downstream. Waiting for UCDs...
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Downstream lock ok
Time Not Established Time Not Established Information (7) Sync Start
Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.

Please could someone help me and find out what the cause of these disconnects are.

on in an hour!
15-04-2010, 20:03
both downstream and upstream power levels are acceptable. ;) you say you leave it running overnight?? :erm:

seamonkey92
15-04-2010, 20:11
both downstream and upstream power levels are acceptable. ;) you say you leave it running overnight?? :erm:

Yeah sometimes i do.

bjorkiii
15-04-2010, 20:17
;) Hope it gets better

broadbandking
15-04-2010, 21:58
Are you doing this via wireless, try a straight connection and then we will know if it a wireless or router issue.

seamonkey92
15-04-2010, 22:59
Are you doing this via wireless, try a straight connection and then we will know if it a wireless or router issue.

I have tried it wired before and it still disconnected

haydnwalker
15-04-2010, 23:15
Could be your torrent client is set to use more connections than your router can handle. Sometimes they are set to like 60 connections, which can increase your torrent speed but can also clog up the routers memory.

Try reducing it to 10 and see if that makes it better.

Does it ONLY happen if your torrenting?

seamonkey92
15-04-2010, 23:26
Could be your torrent client is set to use more connections than your router can handle. Sometimes they are set to like 60 connections, which can increase your torrent speed but can also clog up the routers memory.

Try reducing it to 10 and see if that makes it better.

Does it ONLY happen if your torrenting?

No it can happen randomly even when not torrenting.

haydnwalker
16-04-2010, 09:43
Ah right... ok so its not torrents causing the issue.

Have you noticed which lights are on the modem at the time it's disconnected?

My modem (the VM 255) has a sync and ready light. If the ready light flashes and isn't on steady then the internet isn't connected properly.

Has yours got anything like that?

seamonkey92
16-04-2010, 10:54
Ah right... ok so its not torrents causing the issue.

Have you noticed which lights are on the modem at the time it's disconnected?

My modem (the VM 255) has a sync and ready light. If the ready light flashes and isn't on steady then the internet isn't connected properly.

Has yours got anything like that?

It has sync,ready send & receive. Next time my internet goes ill tell you what the lights are doing.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

ok i started downloading Grand theft Auto DLC from the playstation store on ps3 it is a 2gb download.

After about 20mins of downloading my internet cut off again but this time i check the lights on my modem.

Sync light was green
Ready light was green
Send light wasn't lit up at all
and the receive and enet light kept flashing every so often.
I had to switch the modem on and off to get my internet back.

haydnwalker
16-04-2010, 15:43
Could need a new modem then. If levels are OK and it happens when downloading for a period of time, the modem may be overheating. Is it already well-ventilated?

seamonkey92
16-04-2010, 16:04
Could need a new modem then. If levels are OK and it happens when downloading for a period of time, the modem may be overheating. Is it already well-ventilated?

Yeah its well-ventilated. Its just so annoying i have to keep resetting it all the time. How would i get a new modem?

haydnwalker
17-04-2010, 16:07
You'd need to phone up and go through the diagnostics, and tell them you need to reset it every day. They should either send a new modem or an engineer out to you.

Worthy
17-04-2010, 16:20
Anyone else struggling with this at the minute? I've had nothing but a dodgy up and down connection all day.

andylloyd86
17-04-2010, 17:03
Yeah. My Internet has been on and off all day. It stays on for about 10-15 minutes then goes off for a few minutes.