PDA

View Full Version : UK Timeline V - 2009 (Season 1)

Flyboy
13-04-2010, 17:26
Just had a look at the programme guide for tonight and Saturday and it shows that "V" is on Sky3 on Saturday and on SyFy tonight.:confused::confused: Are Sky and SyFy showing the series simultaneously?

MovedGoalPosts
13-04-2010, 19:02
Excellent I'll have to V+ the SyFy HD and give that channel a good try out.

cimt
13-04-2010, 19:12
Are we getting SyFy HD? Sweet. I'm upgrading to V+ on Saturday so I'll have to try it out. V should look excellent on it.

Chris
13-04-2010, 19:29
The one with Donovan riding a horse and being chased by sky fighters was used several times I seem to re-call. :)

Just had a look at the programme guide for tonight and Saturday and it shows that "V" is on Sky3 on Saturday and on SyFy tonight.:confused::confused: Are Sky and SyFy showing the series simultaneously?

Bizarre, especially because Sky3 is a FTA channel on Freeview and FreeSatFromSky.

I've checked the listings on RadioTimes, scifi.co.uk and tv.sky.com, and all of them confirm that the same episode (V Reeboot, Season 1, episode 1) is showing on both channels. That's SyFy UK tonight (Tuesday) at 10pm, and Sky3 this coming Saturday (17 April) at 8pm.

How on earth did that happen? :confused: I thought SyFy had an exclusive, but Sky's getting a repeat run less than 4 days behind them ...

Flyboy
13-04-2010, 21:01
Bizarre, especially because Sky3 is a FTA channel on Freeview and FreeSatFromSky.

I've checked the listings on RadioTimes, scifi.co.uk and tv.sky.com, and all of them confirm that the same episode (V Reeboot, Season 1, episode 1) is showing on both channels. That's SyFy UK tonight (Tuesday) at 10pm, and Sky3 this coming Saturday (17 April) at 8pm.

How on earth did that happen? :confused: I thought SyFy had an exclusive, but Sky's getting a repeat run less than 4 days behind them ...

Does Murdoch have an interest in The Sci fi channel?

Tezcatlipoca
14-04-2010, 00:05
Syfy (stupid name IMO) is owned by NBC Universal, no Murdoch interest.

Chris
14-04-2010, 10:43
To confuzzle things further, there's no sign of Sky scheduling any further episodes of V on Sky3 ...

LSainsbury
14-04-2010, 11:28
I watched V Reboot E1 on SyFy at about 10pm last night...or that might have been SyFy +1? (This was via Sky HD not VM, btw!)

MovedGoalPosts
14-04-2010, 20:30
Quite enjoyed it, but it doesn't quite have the same tension as the original mini series when you know them lizards aren't nice, despite their protestations of "We are at Peace - always"

And of course if that tracker spike thingy was capable of taking images then it would be doing it at a decent resolution, not all fuzzy, what with the tech that them lizards have got ;)

Chris
17-04-2010, 16:34
Sky is having a 'Free Weekend' on Sky3, showcasing some of its subscription stuff to Freeview users.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=1963&programmeId=113918659&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

I'm still surprised they're using the occasion to showcase something on a channel they don't own though (Syfy, in this case).

NoKnowledge
17-04-2010, 16:39
Sky is having a 'Free Weekend' on Sky3, showcasing some of its subscription stuff to Freeview users.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=1963&programmeId=113918659&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

I'm still surprised they're using the occasion to showcase something on a channel they don't own though (Syfy, in this case). Argh, I saw this advert on the side of a bus stop and was going to report it here but I forgot :(. I thought that maybe the case when I saw the advert.

sir_drinks_alot
21-04-2010, 17:16
Don't know why but i've got a gut feeling the show won't get picked up for a second season

Pierre
22-04-2010, 08:54
I watched the first episode last night, and for me it was too rushed and gave too much away in the first episode.

In the first episode we know straight off the bat that a) they are up to something evil and b) more importantly they are reptiles.

Whats wrong with building a little tension. Building up a big reveal (I know that we know they're reptiles but that doesn't mean you can't play with it)

Other than that, it wasn't too bad, I'll see how it goes.

Tezcatlipoca
23-04-2010, 23:49
Although the pilot was very rushed, it does settle down in the following episodes.

Paul
24-04-2010, 00:40
If anything, it settles down too much for a couple, then picks up again.

Fitze73
15-05-2010, 14:35
it aint too bad at all wasnt expecting a great deal .... but its a worthy reboot , the original and the mini series were good if a little bit hammy, im suprised jane badler, marc singer and robert englund didnt get a cameo lol

Flyboy
15-05-2010, 19:17
it aint too bad at all wasnt expecting a great deal .... but its a worthy reboot , the original and the mini series were good if a little bit hammy, im suprised jane badler, marc singer and robert englund didnt get a cameo lol

Perhaps that may be for later, similar to Richard Hatch's role in the BSG re-boot.

I like the way they have jumbled up the names of some of the characters. "Ham Tyler's" new name is "Kyle," I presume for "Kyle Bates;" "Sean Donovan," is "Tyler," There is a "Phillip," a fifth columnist visitor as well, although not the twin brother of "Joshua/Martin." I am sure there are many more. Has anyone else spotted any?

Fitze73
15-05-2010, 19:31
nah its mike dovovan not sean lol.......

Paul
15-05-2010, 20:15
Its ok, a bit predictable in places, but worth watching.

Season 2 has been confirmed.

Lew
16-05-2010, 13:41
nah its mike dovovan not sean lol.......

Mike Donovan's son was called Sean. ;)

Kymmy
16-05-2010, 14:34
Tyler is part Daniels character out of the original, but Tylers not bad like Daniel

Lew
16-05-2010, 19:52
Ah yes, I remember Daniel. Now there was a character who got what was coming to him.

Tezcatlipoca
16-05-2010, 20:32
Ah yes, I remember Daniel. Now there was a character who got what was coming to him.

Yep :D

Daniel - "But Philip! I have served you well!"

Philip - "And you will continue to do so... on a serving platter!"

Stuart
16-05-2010, 22:34
Tyler is part Daniels character out of the original, but Tylers not bad like Daniel

I don't think Tyler is bad. I think he is the typical confused rebellious teenager.

I did read, however, that we haven't been shown the full significance of both Lisa and his relationship with her. Lisa is, apparently, not the good daughter she appears to be.

Flyboy
16-05-2010, 22:38

I think Tyler has a bit of a conscience, so I don't think will turn exactly like Daniel. He is closer to Sean, because he was brainwashed by Diana, as Tyler is being by Anna. Could he also be part Robin? Is he destined to inseminate Lisa, like Brian did with Robin Maxwell.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

I don't think Tyler is bad. I think he is the typical confused rebellious teenager.

I did read, however, that we haven't been shown the full significance of both Lisa and his relationship with her. Lisa is, apparently, not the good daughter she appears to be.

Also, his parents haven't told him "where he comes from" yet. Could he be a foundling and they adopted him?

MovedGoalPosts
10-06-2010, 16:05
This is doing quite well so far, although they are taking their time on giving us any hint of why the Vs have actually arrived.

I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Diana though if she is so glibly willing to give an order against her daughter "break her legs" :eek:

12noon
26-06-2010, 00:29
Hmmm, my V+ box has just recorded V but it's not V it's something else.

12noon
27-06-2010, 10:37
Watched it on Saturday night because Friday night's recording recorded something else. I think Syfy put the wrong program on on Friday night even though Virgin had the TV listings right.

It was a very good end of season finale. I'm looking forward to season two now.