PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

stevo17
13-04-2010, 17:36
Rang up VM to see if i could get a better deal on my 10 mb broadband £17 pm standalone. They said they had nothing at the moment ,which was fair enough.
He also told me that if i left VM for a new customer offer i couldnt resign for a period of 90 days! I asked him to verify this with his boss which he did . This cant be true can it?

Peter_
13-04-2010, 17:43
That is to prevent people from doing exactly that or everyone would be doing it.

stevo17
13-04-2010, 17:51
I cant see VM implementing this rule if i sign up as a new customer a few weeks from now. They would be mad to turn down good money.

Peter_
13-04-2010, 17:54
I cant see VM implementing this rule if i sign up as a new customer a few weeks from now. They would be mad to turn down good money.
It used to happen a lot and they are now clamping down on it, you can try it is up to you.:)

Ignitionnet
13-04-2010, 21:28

Not really good money if you spend all your time on loss-leading new customer deals.

That is a perfectly reasonable price for standalone 10Mbit, try finding a similar package for cheaper elsewhere, bearing in mind you need to pay for a phone line.

Mr.T
14-04-2010, 09:59
So... you want to leave VM's broadband L standalone which you're getting for £17/month and sign up again which would cost you £15/month for 3 months then £20/month (£21 more after a year)....

I'm confused.