PDA

View Full Version : Intermiitent loss of internet and V+ dropouts

Crypto
12-04-2010, 10:44
On 3 seperate occaisions now I've lost my internet connection for a couple of days, booked an engineer's visit only to have the problem sort itself out, thus cancelling visit.

The loss of internet connection is accompanied by a flashing light on the V+box and re-booting from time to time.

Each time I phone India and they keep trying to fault find my modem, when I mention the V+ box failure they say it's unconnected and I have to talk to somebody else in "television"

Other people in the street are unaffected and my guess is that I have a dodgy connection somewhere from the street box to my house. The engineer is coming tomorrow, what should I expect him to do? As it's an intermittent fault I don't want him to just stick a new modem in and for the fault to return in a couple of weeks.

What should I expect?

haydnwalker
12-04-2010, 14:46
I had exactly the same thing last night. Could get internet and the VOD wouldn't work either on the TV. This morning all is fine though. Its only started happening on and off since early March.

Crypto
14-04-2010, 14:53
Update:

Good tech came out (older bloke), listened to the syptoms and went straight out to the roadside cabinet. Adjusted up and downstream thingies and now all sortyed. Took him 5 minutes.

Hope it lasts.

haydnwalker
14-04-2010, 15:24
Its happened to me again on and off (mainly during the evenings) for a couple of nights... I hope the same thing happens if I have to phone.