PDA

View Full Version : Virgin 1 on Digital TV

Taf
11-04-2010, 18:38
Not strictly cable TV, but related I suppose....

Since Wales switched totally to digital TV radio transmissions, I have missed several progammes I set to record (they appeared on the EPG) and all I got was a blank screen on the recordings.

Yesterday however, a notice pops up on Virgin 1 saying I must switch to Virgin 1+1 after 7pm.

Does anyone know if this is to be permanent? And if it is why leave the EPG showing programmes which can't be seen?

:dunce:

Digital Fanatic
11-04-2010, 19:42
Not strictly cable TV, but related I suppose....

Since Wales switched totally to digital TV radio transmissions, I have missed several progammes I set to record (they appeared on the EPG) and all I got was a blank screen on the recordings.

Yesterday however, a notice pops up on Virgin 1 saying I must switch to Virgin 1+1 after 7pm.

Does anyone know if this is to be permanent? And if it is why leave the EPG showing programmes which can't be seen?

:dunce:

Better posting in the Freeview section in Other Digital TV, it will just confuse everyone in this section.

Stuart
11-04-2010, 19:45
As it's not a VM problem, I have moved it to the Freeview forum.

nodrogd
11-04-2010, 23:22
Virgin 1 should appear on channel 20 from 9am to 3 am and Virgin 1+1 evenings only from 7pm on channel 35. I can't find any channel variation affecting Wales, but it might be worth trying a retune, as I did find THIS (http://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview/Resolutions/About-Channels/General-inc.-pay-channels/Freeview-viewers-in-Wales-technical-trial) on the freeview website.

Taf
12-04-2010, 09:54
I tried a retune, but this is obviously being done on purpose (hence the "go to V1+1 after 7pm" message). It's there until 7pm, then up pops the message.... damned annoying...