PDA

View Full Version : Existing customer pricing confusion

DJ_Nik_Gnashers
07-04-2010, 22:43
Bit confused here.
I have VM 'up to 20MB' cable internet only (no phone no tv), and I know the name of this has changed over the years so im not sure if its XL/L/whatever.
We have had this since we upgraded from 10MB years ago, and previously 2MB before that, and even 750KBps before that.
On the VM website it says the 'up to 20MB' service only (without phone or tv) is:
without a Virgin Phone line
£25 a month
for 3 months, £30 after that
So Why do we have to pay £37pm ?

According to the site, the XXl is:
without a Virgin Phone line
£33 a month
for 3 months, £38 after that

Means for extra £1 a month I can have up to 50MB ?

I cant see anything on there saying 'for new customers only' ?

Confused !!!

roger skillin
08-04-2010, 10:33
Give them a call about it, they'll soon lower the price, with 2 phone calls i managed to get our monthly bill of almost £90 (we have a lot of services) down to just £48

Chrysalis
08-04-2010, 11:40
yes ring them up, probably best to choose the option related to cancelling the service then I expect you will get better pricing similiar to new customers.

DJ_Nik_Gnashers
08-04-2010, 17:23
Thanks for the advice ppl !
I was going to post on VM newsgroups but notice they are 'shut' now :(
I havnt got a VM phone either so phoning up is going to be expensive, oh well, if theres a good chance of a cheaper monthly charge its worth it.

pip08456
08-04-2010, 18:52
Thanks for the advice ppl !
I was going to post on VM newsgroups but notice they are 'shut' now :(
I havnt got a VM phone either so phoning up is going to be expensive, oh well, if theres a good chance of a cheaper monthly charge its worth it.

The newsgroups help has closed as it is now available on the community and help forum so post there.

http://community.virginmedia.com/