PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected VM Box

fatmanmedi
03-04-2010, 22:22
hi,

i recently had VM 50mb installed and due to delays i had the carpets fitted after the cable install.

the problem is that the carpet fitters unwired the co-ax cable from the VM box unplugged the power to the VM box and now I'm left with no access.

my question is, Is it possible to reconnect the box with out having a engineer come out or I'm i looking at a £99 charge for a engineer to do the job?

i ask because in my old house i had to change the VM box twice after VM sent one out so i can do the job i just want to know if it's possible.

the VM box is a VNMG300

thanks in advanced.

fats

Raistlin
03-04-2010, 22:23
If all that's happened is your carpet fitters have unplugged the cables then just plug them back in ...

fatmanmedi
03-04-2010, 22:30
thanks for the reply i should add that the box was disconnected for 24 hours should that make any difference.

Raistlin
03-04-2010, 22:32
I wouldn't have thought so ... Have you tried just plugging it back in and connecting it up?

fatmanmedi
03-04-2010, 22:33
done that, but I'm unable to access the internet, and trying to find the modem's config page has been difficult.

Big thanks for the quick reply's.

fats

Raistlin
03-04-2010, 22:35
NP.

I'm not aware that a modem disconnected for a period of time should drop off the system, it might just need some time to re-sync itself. Leave it all plugged in and keep checking back on it.

In the mean time I'm sure someone that knows for certain will be along shortly :)

KenK
03-04-2010, 23:28
NP.

I'm not aware that a modem disconnected for a period of time should drop off the system, it might just need some time to re-sync itself. Leave it all plugged in and keep checking back on it.

In the mean time I'm sure someone that knows for certain will be along shortly :)Also reboot your computer and / or your router.