PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

apb27
01-04-2010, 19:24
1. phone cs ask for 50mb upgrade, get some fees waived, get a quick install date (also ask if we can move modem to different room, chick on phone says yeah the engineer can do that for you).

2. engineer comes 1hr early due to other cancellation which is a bonus. everything installed fine. he says he cant move modem as he does not have the 'tools' and the job is too big. everything has been great up till now so im not too fussed, he phones cs himself and books a modem/cable move to a different date, 2 weeks ahead.

3. just phoned up cs to confirm the date (which is tomorrow) and she says no installs or anything booked. tell her the story and she says there is no record. then she says she can book a new one.... for £99.00 :mad:

my question is should there be a record there or not? its not an install just moving the cable from one place to another. i would have thought there might have been a note or something. i cant believe that engineer would just arrange a fake appointment.

jungleguy
02-04-2010, 08:05
The problem is, due to changes, the installers now get paid for your job as a re-connect, if you want the modem moving they don't get paid for it, I'm afraid, the installer pulled the wool over your eyes about not having the right tools. I hear moral on the front line is at an all time low.
I suggest you ring up CS again, and try and speak to someone sensible.

chuzzlemonkey
02-04-2010, 10:30
That being said it is also possible that the order just hadn't been placed onto your account at the time of you calling as the office won't book the order onto the account without a reference from the tech's manager.

But seeing as he lied to you about not having the correct tools, I would suggest he probably never arranged for this move. Unfortunately, if you call CSC the fixed charge for the relocation of any equipment is £99.00. You'll have a hard time getting that waived without making an official complaint.

TuesdayWildchild
02-04-2010, 10:37
Say urself the pain and do it yourself.

I have, moved it from back bedroom to front why would you need an engineer.

jb66
03-04-2010, 15:16
A 50meg upgrade is a service visit, it does not involve re-locating a modem. If you want the modem moved you need an install visit which costs £99

Graham M
03-04-2010, 15:59
Say urself the pain and do it yourself.

I have, moved it from back bedroom to front why would you need an engineer.

WARNING. Doing this could cause more pain than good depending on how stable your signal is and how far you want to move the box.

weesteev
03-04-2010, 20:09
Its also worth noting that 50Mb installations are carried out by Service Tech's and not Install Tech's, this is due to the potential complexity and troubleshooting required. A service Tech wont be equipped with materials and tool's to re-route internal cabling so that may explain why, I don't believe that the contact centre staff are all aware of this.

Unfortunately, standard Service orders would be £99 to move your modem... or why not go wireless? The 50Mb install comes with a router/adapter?

jb66
04-04-2010, 12:02
The service techs do have the tools just not the time

apb27
04-04-2010, 13:25
THANKS for the replies.

i think he did mention something about the time needed and he was only there to upgrade.

also, nobody came on the later appt he booked, must have just lied about it.

i posted a thread on virgin's community forum and the helpful staff contacted
my local installs manager who'll be contacting me monday to arrange a new move.