PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 20 Meg+

hoggerz
01-04-2010, 15:15
Hi
Could one of the VM people who frequent the forums hazard a guess as to how much extra a month I'd be paying to upgrade from the old 10Meg (M) package to the 20 Meg (XL) package or the 50meg (XXL). The website upgrage thing is useless as it wants to force me to have a phoneline. I've only got broadband M and TV L
My bill is currently:

TV Size L : £11.50
BB&TV bundle Saving: -£7.50
Broadband Size M £20.00
Paper Bill: £1.25

Total: £25.25

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hoggerz

Peter_
01-04-2010, 16:33
I would just call up as the best offers are on the phone, you can always say no if not happy with the price, also ask for a free N router.

hoggerz
01-04-2010, 17:57
Thanks for reply, I'm kinda hoping to avoid calling them untill I have to as I have to use a mobile and its expensive for 0845 calls. I was wondering If anyone knew the base prices for these services so what the maximum price I would expect to pay. Or If anyone is on the same level of service as I'm looking for, how much their paying a month.
Thanks

Hoggerz

Peter_
01-04-2010, 18:14
Thanks for reply, I'm kinda hoping to avoid calling them untill I have to as I have to use a mobile and its expensive for 0845 calls. I was wondering If anyone knew the base prices for these services so what the maximum price I would expect to pay. Or If anyone is on the same level of service as I'm looking for, how much their paying a month.
Thanks

Hoggerz
Tell them you are on a mobile and can they call you back, they should as it is a sale for them.

If not go to a local Virgin store in your area click HERE (http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/storeLocator.do)

lobster1
02-04-2010, 12:52
I had a query in my local virgin shop (swansea) they told me there was no way they could check my customer details and to phone vm direct ?

hoggerz
02-04-2010, 12:58
Well I called last night and had to sit through 9 minutes of music before the call was even answered. Still least you can choose the music you are paying to listen to! Obviously I couldn't ask them to call me back then... The call centre worker told me it would be an extra £18.25 a month. This doesen't make sense when It states on their website that XL is £30 without a phoneline, so it should have only been £10 a month extra.

hoggerz

Sephiroth
02-04-2010, 14:39
With a new contract (12 months) they'd have to offer you the web based price.

hoggerz
02-04-2010, 15:34
Well finally got it sorted, called again and got told it was now going to cost an extra £22 a month on top so had to call and threaten to leave. Then they did it for the website price ;)

thanks

hoggerz